Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Show us your best group...

Huckleberry Finn

..everytime you practice this summer!

I didn't shoot for 2 weeks bc of the heat but pulled my bow out tonight. Felt good and shot great. Two different groups at 20:

best group2.jpg
best group.jpg

Figured that this could make for a good competition and motivation for guys shooting this summer. I know I get a little bored shooting the same ole block over and over.

Who can beat my group?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice shooting dude!

I guess I'm gonna have to set the target out tomorrow afternoon... :smiley_bril:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Why are your arrows all entering the target at different angles in the 2nd picture? Did you move around or shoot from the same place? If you are shooting from the same spot you might want to set up an appointment with Milo.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I ain't afraid of that! Just wait on it... :pickle:

Just so you know, Jesse... These groups are to be shot from beyond 5 yards. I know this is going to stretch your range a bit, but we gotta keep things fair.

lmao

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good shooting TOOzers! I'll try to get out sometime this week and fling a few.

Nice tight group Greg!

Cool thread Huck!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here's a group from a week or two ago. Took the pic to send to Mullskinner while he was working and I was goofing off. 25 or 30 yds.

Attachments

• IMG-20120610-00126.jpg
    IMG-20120610-00126.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 194

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Those are carbons that Geezer put together for me. I need to re-fletch them as I've shot 'em quite a bit and there isn't much fur left on 'em!:)

Huckleberry Finn

Why are your arrows all entering the target at different angles in the 2nd picture? Did you move around or shoot from the same place? If you are shooting from the same spot you might want to set up an appointment with Milo.

My foam block is shot to shit and bounces around with every arrow, it's nothing more than that. I could see what you mean though! (And, Milo did see me shoot a month ago).

--

Jesse - that's the whole dang point, son! So we get off our asses and shoot!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What a great afternoon to be out shooting the bow! There was a bit of a crosswind, but not too bad really.

20 yds...

50 yds... nothing impressive, but I'll take it for right now...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
That's good for 50 JB. No need for putting that group off. Doesn't take much of a variance to make the arrow walk at 35 and out.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well I dusted off my hunting bow and grabbed 5 target arrahs and set up the deer target for my first repetitive shooting since November. WOW, am I out of practice!ugh

I shot 3 arrows at 20 and was slapping them in tight at that distance off the get go and moved on back to 30 yards. I shot one group of 5 arrows at 30 and took a pic then moved back to 40. I shot a group of 4 arrows all in a softball sized group dead center of the kill but my last shot cleared the back and sent me on an arrah hunt for 5 minutes. That brought me back down to earth in a hurry and I don't know what exactly happened but the shot sequence was far from perfect and fatigue might have played a role. I shot five more arrows with my daughter taking pics of me and made the 5 best shots I could muster. The target sets back in the woods and the lighting was less than perfect but I could see it fine. I just couldn't see my arrows at which to shoot at and was just settling in on the kill zone. I am so out of practice as far as stamina goes but it felt good to shoot again. Here are my pics.....DON'T LAUGH!:smiley_baby:lmao

My 30 yard group:

My 40 yard group (YIKES):

My last shot at 40 yards:

My form:

Last edited: