Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tannerite Tip

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
After reading Jesses thread about his buddy shooting off 6 bags and having a sheriff stop by later I thought I'd share my story. Here's the short version:

We've had probs with a snooty rich neighbor always calling the authorities on us when we target practice at the neighbor that lives between us. Even though we live in a subdivision(4.4 acres=average lot), it is NOT illegal for us to shoot. The bitch still called just to complain. Then, a couple months ago my BIL brought over some T, a couple 1 pound bags, and we set them off separately and let's just say the old bitty called everyone except the military forces. We had the sheriff, twp police, fireman and a medic unit sitting in front of our house in the cul-de-sac! The old hag never came out of her house but we got it all hashed out and they all finally left. They were all very nice but somewhat pissed that it turned out being a false alarm and a waste of their time. Here is the tip:

It's not illegal to blow up Tannerite, but just call the authorities beforehand and maybe fire/rescue so if they get calls they know what's going on.

Just becareful with the stuff and have fun. It will just take a few bad accidents and they'll try banning it.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
My country neighbors are so use to hearing various bangs and booms that I don't think it matters any more... lol
Sorry to hear about the pissy neighbor.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
After reading Jesses thread about his buddy shooting off 6 bags and having a sheriff stop by later I thought I'd share my story. Here's the short version:

We've had probs with a snooty rich neighbor always calling the authorities on us when we target practice at the neighbor that lives between us. Even though we live in a subdivision(4.4 acres=average lot), it is NOT illegal for us to shoot. The bitch still called just to complain. Then, a couple months ago my BIL brought over some T, a couple 1 pound bags, and we set them off separately and let's just say the old bitty called everyone except the military forces. We had the sheriff, twp police, fireman and a medic unit sitting in front of our house in the cul-de-sac! The old hag never came out of her house but we got it all hashed out and they all finally left. They were all very nice but somewhat pissed that it turned out being a false alarm and a waste of their time. Here is the tip:

It's not illegal to blow up Tannerite, but just call the authorities beforehand and maybe fire/rescue so if they get calls they know what's going on.

Just becareful with the stuff and have fun. It will just take a few bad accidents and they'll try banning it.

Two words..

Bump Fire..

Seriously though.. Sounds like you need to host a TOO trap shoot day. :)