Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Every time I clean a gun now....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Although I'm a little disenchanted with the Outdoors Channel, (all the shows are cookie cutter and commercialized) I can't help watching some deer hunting shows now and then....and with the shows come the commercials...

Every time I'm in the garage now and start cleaning a gun, I start hearing dobro music and the voice of Larry Potterfield at Midway USA, thanking me for my business. And I actually like it, Larry seems like he is a danged cool guy. To me, this a a soothing commercial.

[video=youtube;d1dOXZaOAZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1dOXZaOAZ0[/video]

That is all.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Although I'm a little disenchanted with the Outdoors Channel, (all the shows are cookie cutter and commercialized) I can't help watching some deer hunting shows now and then....and with the shows come the commercials...

Every time I'm in the garage now and start cleaning a gun, I start hearing dobro music and the voice of Larry Potterfield at Midway USA, thanking me for my business. And I actually like it, Larry seems like he is a danged cool guy. To me, this a a soothing commercial.

[video=youtube;d1dOXZaOAZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1dOXZaOAZ0[/video]

That is all.

Hi I'm Larry potterfield. on behalf of midway USA we thank you for your business.

Arrrrggghhhhhhh!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He sort of has a "Mr Rogers Neighborhood" soothing voice about him. If not mistaken, I believe Mr Rogers was a highly decorated soldier.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We laugh about this all the time. If you mention Larry Potterfield to my wife, she'll throw out the "thank you for your business line." I'm sure he's a great guy, but he defines "goof ball" to me!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
He kinda reminds me of a calmer happier version of Phil.

Why did I just get the vision of trying to get Phil high and do Midway USA commercials

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He kinda reminds me of a calmer happier version of Phil.

Why did I just get the vision of trying to get Phil high and do Midway USA commercials

Baaawaaaaahahahahaa I think you just came up with the #1 goal for the TOO shoot this weekend! Fluteman, bring the HD camera! lmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Hiiii I'm Larry Proffer field. And behaf of midway tucker USA Samos for your business.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Calmer? I definitely give you that. Happier? It is not that I am unhappy, but that dude's only competition for "Smiliest face on TV" is the Smiling Bob character from the erectile dysfunction commercials. Larry Potterfield is one smiley fella.

Me smoking weed? Yeah. Good luck. I don't care what you guys do. If you light one up, I will leisurely stroll away. Not my place to judge you and I won't. Don't think you will get me to try it though.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Calmer? I definitely give you that. Happier? It is not that I am unhappy, but that dude's only competition for "Smiliest face on TV" is the Smiling Bob character from the erectile dysfunction commercials. Larry Potterfield is one smiley fella.

Me smoking weed? Yeah. Good luck. I don't care what you guys do. If you light one up, I will leisurely stroll away. Not my place to judge you and I won't. Don't think you will get me to try it though.

It was a joke there Jesus. Lol. We'll never get you to try smoking something that grows in the dirt like dip tobacco. I'm just saying you could pull off a Larry potterfield if you smiled more and calmed down. You have to admitt. Youre like a monkey on speed sometimes. Lol.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

Ahhhh come on, Phil... Not even once? What about when you're old and retired... would you try it then? Not trying to heckly you too much. Personally, I haven't touched the stuff in over ten years... But IMO if you don't try it at least once in your lifetime you're missing out. Plus, the thought of you playing a stoned Larry Potterfield while Flutey rolls film is flat out hilarious!