Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

peep sight rotation

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Interesting video but I'd rather just reserve the hole peep.
1. If your peep is twisted thats usually a tell tale sign your bow is out of tune. So I would check my bow.
2. If you serve your peep like this the serving isn't going to move like that. http://www.theohiooutdoors.com/foru...ng-Technology-and-Principals/page4&order=desc
3. I just don't like the idea of moving servings around.

Ditto.

And instead of the way he's serving it in, I prefer to use a constrictor knot, followed by a half dozen or so alternating overhand knots.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Always make sure the beveled end of the peep is facing the bow and the top is sticking out towards you, just a simple in the field tip to ensure your peep will be open when you draw back

thanks for the extra tips, i like the tubeless peep, just usually run into problems with it rotating , last year was drawn back on a dow and only like 20 yards but peep came out of line and had to let bow down and spooked her, but gonna try one again this year. i cant really serve em in, i served in a drop away rest last year with a fishermans not it seemed to hold pretty well

buckstar25

T-county
Peep rotation's main cause is string stretch. It will normally always twist one direction, if it is served in you can slide the servings out and rotate the peep back. Just remember if it is a constant problem then I would suggest looking into a new string/cables....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Peep rotation's main cause is string stretch. It will normally always twist one direction, if it is served in you can slide the servings out and rotate the peep back. Just remember if it is a constant problem then I would suggest looking into a new string/cables....

Bingo. Peep rotation is a symptom of a bigger problem which is string / cable stretch.. That's why it's important to get a set of quality strings and cables installed.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
never knew that, i was planning on gettin a new string withing the next couple weeks from americas best bowstrings

Send Milo a PM when you get a chance and have him check on a set of custom Pro Line strings for you. He may still be on vacation but I'm sure he'll get back to you ASAP. The Pro Line strings are top notch, as many of us here can attest.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Send Milo a PM when you get a chance and have him check on a set of custom Pro Line strings for you. He may still be on vacation but I'm sure he'll get back to you ASAP. The Pro Line strings are top notch, as many of us here can attest.

Ditto.. Go with Milo. He put strings and cables on mine a couple weeks ago. I've fired maybe a hundred shots. I marked my cams and measured my ATA before shooting. Hasn't moved at all and the peep is still inline.

buckstar25

T-county
Donkey since you are fairly close call All American Outdoors in Strasburg. He makes really high end customs there. Don't know how busy he is now but they are top of the line string sets. Bow is ready to go after you pick it up too, may need minor peep height adjustment but that's it. All done in the shop when you pick it up.

Last edited:
nice, havent been to the strasburg store, i usually go to insight archery right outside of walnut creek, might have to go check that one out as well....jbrown.. are those strings 2-tone thats what im looking to get is a custom blue/black one

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here's a set of Pro Line Streak Freaks... string is royal blue with black streak, cables are black with royal blue streak.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Here is a set of three color from Skeeter Creek/Milo (prolines also).

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341607862474.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341607862474.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 223

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Should have a better pic on my phone somewhere.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341608193534.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341608193534.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 246