Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Denny's pro-gun ad

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I saw this ad the other day and was surprised to hear it.

[video=youtube;T7wYm0cYEOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T7wYm0cYEOI[/video]

If Oreo’s homage to gay pride this week didn’t suit your personal politics, you might prefer to satisfy your caloric craving with a Midwestern Meat & Potatoes Sandwich from Denny’s. The restaurant chain has suddenly become a superstar among social conservatives thanks to a new ad that mentions “the right to bear arms” as one of the things that’s great about America. “In an era where cowardly companies are caving into the vile communist minority,” notes conservative blog The Freedom Post, “it’s wonderful to see Denny’s run this ad promoting America’s greatness and constitutional principles, especially the ‘Right to Bear Arms,’ guaranteed in the Second Amendment.” The YouTube version of the spot has been flooded with similar comments praising Denny’s and promising to eat there more often. “Awesome ad! I just heard you guys are actually supporters of my rights,” one commenter writes. “I'll be coming to Denny's more.” Based on the lighthearted tone of the ad, it likely wasn’t intended to be a serious rallying cry for the NRA crowd (note the reference to "our differences really are our strengths"), but the chain is still reaping the benefits. Of course, some of the viewer reactions seem a bit ironic after all the calls this week to boycott Oreo for posting its pro-gay message on Facebook. Case in point from the Denny’s YouTube comments: “ I just hope they stand up to the expected calls for boycotts from the libtards that is sure to follow. They're always looking for something to whine about.”

http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/dennys-wins-conservative-cred-ads-gun-rights-comment-141473

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I was waiting for the anti punch line but it never came when watching the commercial live last night. Good for them and I will hit them more often.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ironic as we are sitting at a Denny's right now. I have been away for a bit and catching up as we await our meals.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Without Denny's, I don't think I would have made it through college. Too many drunk 3 a.m. Denny's runs to count. lmao

---

On a more serious note, it certainly is refreshing to see a company that's not afraid to piss someone off. Not that there's anything about this commercial that should piss anyone off... but you know what I mean. The PC bullshit is out of control these days.