Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Disappointed too say the least

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Had the cameras untouched for that last month and pulled cards this morning had 4 doe with no fawns and 2 bucks that barely showed any horn @ all.... man I hope this isn't a sign of things too come.... no coons or opossums or turkeys or even squirrels.... kinda weird.....

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yeah, that does suck. Way too early to hit the panic button though.

I agree with Mike! Don't worry J, my cam check yesterday was weak but they're out there.

Do you have a creek or pond nearby? I might move mine next week to a couple creek crossings.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
There's a stripper cut lake but has high wall all around it so no real access too that water too speak of, but there is a creek up close too the farm house that cuts across an open field, may try checking for tracks there although the water would be next to nothing with this drought I would imagine...... Had good traffic earlier in the spring but it's flat out dried up as of late.... I didn't run camera until late august last year so this just might be the norm for all I know..... Just didn't seem right is all too me...... Oh and Iwas soaking wet by the time I was finished checking the cameras, haven't sweated like that just walking around in a long time....

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
There is no worse let down than waiting weeks and weeks to check your cards and then you view no pics.

buckstar25

T-county
At least I feel a little better. I just checked mine and had same thing. I moved 2 cams closer to creek crossings so I guess I wait another month.....