Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Today's Storm

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm at the ball fields riding this out in my truck. It's insane here. The wife said we lost a tree across the driveway a few minutes ago. It's tearing the banners off the fences and nearly breaking off power poles. No rain yet, but it won't be long!

How'd everyone "weather" the storms?

Dang. Lightening is right over us!!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The heavy stuff missed us here in Medina Co... Just heard on the radio there's a Tornado Warning in Tuscawaras Co. Hold on tight Kaiser!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341009717.713374.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341009760.433376.jpg

Hail is here now, but the winds have died to 20-30 probably. Rain is HEAVY, so we are going to have some serious flooding!!!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Got a little wet at the house but I wasting southern Richland county when it hit and it hit hard. Most of the southern part of the county is without power due to numerous trees and poles down. I had about 5 different detours I had to take to get home from my last call.

Derek j

Knox Co.
I have this on my house right now......fuggin windImageUploadedByTapatalk1341012854.261395.jpg

Unsure of what damage it did. I am heading to the attic right now to assess the damage.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Was at the ball field for the last of 5 games at our HS field for the Beast of the East tournament. I was thrilled to get the rain so I could finally go home and to green up the grass.

A tornado was spotted on Smithfield which is just down the road from our field and not far from my house as the crow flies.

Got hit pretty fuggin hard here..Hit just before 6pm.Blew the targets from the range into the woods,half the skirting is now under the mobile mansion,all 3roads out blocked with multipe trees for a bit, huge maple layin next door in the oldmans yard and the power is out.....Gonna be a lot of wood to cut

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We'll be out of power here for at least a day. Tomorrow is going to suck. I'll have to figure out what to do with my fridge and freezer first thing. Murphy's Law, I took both chainsaw chains to the shop to be sharpened and forgot to get them today. I have a good hour of sawing just to get my driveway opened up. Probably skip the ball games tomorrow and help people clean up now. One of my close friends was essentially in a tornado from the looks of his place. He's got a ton of work to do...

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
We got hammered! Cambridge is a mess! Cars flipped, roofs missing off houses, Byesville had a building downtown that had the entire roof and facade on the front get peeled off and onto main street, shutting down main street. Lots of trees down and damage. Buffalo got hit hard too, Byesville FD couldnt even get into that town, Guernsey county got freakin hammered!! Havent heard of any injuries, hope everyone is ok.

twireman

Kingston, OH
Ross county fairgrounds....not my camper thank god...notice the golf cart under it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341021564.557916.jpg
We lost about 20 shingles on the garage in kingston...

Derek j

Knox Co.
Doesn't look like the tree went through the roof. I went around my neighborhood with my quad and cut some trees up to clear the roads. So at least I got to play a little bit!!!