Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Couldnt take it....Summer bow hunt

Kaiser878

ohio
I got off work this afternoon and I was shooting my bow...The urge to go bowhunting was overwhelming. So I decided to get dressed and go hunting...

There is a spot I have been scouting for about a week now...There has been alot of activity around 4 in the afternoon. I checked the wind and I had a decent wind....but not perfect... I decided to risk it anyhow....

I got settled in at about 350.....Since it was so hot I didnt want to get there to early and sweat my butt off. So I cut it a little close but got in there just in time....I sat there for about 7 or 8 minutes before I saw movement....She came out of the thicket at about 30 yards...She quickly began eating on clover...I ranged her at 30 yards exactly. As luck would have it she turned slightly quartering away while she was eating my clover...I drew back and settled my 30 yard pin behind her shoulder....

I released my arrow!!!

THWACKKKKKK!!!!!!

It sounded liek a good hit but she darted in the thicket...I gave her about 10 minutes, as I was sure I placed a good shot.... I walked to the thicket where she entered and saw this

I knew then I had made a great shot....I looked up and saw my trophy laying just a short distance away....Thank goodness I was using rage broadheads.....They make awesome holes....

Well here she is boys and girls!!!!!!!! A real Bute!

Huckleberry Finn

Might have needed to give her 15 just to be safe...but then again you were using a rage.

Did you get an age and weight?

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Nice Zach..... I busted 6 out in a hour last weekend with the new .17hmr..... this weekend im taking the new AR-15 out to see what kinda damage I can do!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You can't tell for sure unless you look at the wear on the teeth.

Nah it doesn't work that way with whistelpigs... There's too much diet variation. In Zach's neck of the woods they eat clover and beans, but down in Southern Ohio they munch on broken-down vehicle wires and empty skoal cans. It's all about the ear to tail length ratio...