Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Erie Report June 21-24

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
Walleye fishing is still very good with limit to near limit catches coming in daily. Late last week, I found some active fish in close near crane creek in 18-19 fow. Fish were caught trolling spoons, j-7's, and harnesses. There were some really nice fish in the area with the biggest going 28.5". We finished with a 4 man limit on Thursday and had 20 fish on Friday. Saturday, we started out drifting in 17 fow west of Locust reef and had the first fish in the boat within minutes. The fishing remained hot early and we had 25 fish in the box by 10:30. We finally picked up our last 5 fish by early afternoon after throwing in the trolling gear. Sunday, we went back out to Locust but the fish were not there like they were Saturday. We scouted out several different reefs but only managed to pull 5 eyes drifting. We then threw in the trolling gear and caught 13 more walleye. I have taken the next two weeks off for family vacation, so no more first hand reports until I return to the lake on July 8th.

Attachments

• Fish 544.jpg
    Fish 544.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Fish 543.jpg
    Fish 543.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 192

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Gotta love it when you can find 'em close to shore like that. Sure beats the heck out of running clear out to West Sister!