Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Salt with those flies?

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
I don't know if this image is too small, but this doe is loaded with flies. That would make me nocturnal.

Attachments

• PICT0531.jpg
    PICT0531.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 194

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It is crazy to see them covered up like that this time of year! I can't imagine having to live with the flies and ticks this time of year. I had a pic on my last card pull of a doe covered in them, then in the next pic they were all gone, then back again in the next pic. Apparently you can shake 'em off, but not for long!!!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Looking at that I kinda question something. Yes I realize that would suck for us but how do we know that sucks for the deer. I mean it is obvious that this is something natural and part of being in nature. What is it that the flies are attracted to and by doing whatever they are doing are they in some weird way benefiting the deer In a way we are unaware of?

buckstar25

T-county
Haha, Hoyt! It is funny how they assemble on certain areas of them. I have probably 500 pics so far of this doe covered with them. And it's always late morning and late afternoon they seem to be the worst. We wandered if it was the trophy rock that kept them attracted to the area but all of the other cameras show the same things.

Last edited: