Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Purchased another dink

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
I bought two more racks yesterday from my home county. Killed in 04 and 08 with the largest being in 04, within 5 miles of where I do most of my hunting. I havent scored the rack, but the seller told me 180s gross with 15 inch g2s and g3s. You all can decide what you think on score. Ill post the score when I get around to scoring it. I got the two racks (the smaller being a 140s gross mainframe 9 with a nice kicker/drop), form and cape for the larger. Pretty unique rack, couldnt pass it up.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Nice, what line of work you do? Scrubs say hospital?

How many racks have you bought like that, are most from the area you hunt?

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
That's a heck of a rack... It baffles my mind that someone would wanna sell it. At least now its in the hands of someone that respects it for what it is....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
J I'm an xray/ct tech

Good field too be in.... have a couple of friends in the same field.... tried too get my son involved as well bit didn't work lol....

So how many racks have you bought this way? Curious like JD said as too what their reason for selling....

Buckslayer

*Supporting Member*
Jackson County
Good field too be in.... have a couple of friends in the same field.... tried too get my son involved as well bit didn't work lol....

So how many racks have you bought this way? Curious like JD said as too what their reason for selling....

Its a decent job, pays the bills and thats about it.

These two I bought yesterday make 3 all together, I will post pics of the other soon. The largest I bought last year and had mounted, I believe I posted a few pics on here somewhere. I also bought a crate of sheds that were all found on a lease within 2 miles of my home. I just enjoy collecting antlers and they hold value I believe if I would ever need to sell them.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't care if you are just a "meat hunter", it is hard to believe someone would just dump a rack like that for some cash. Crazy to think someone could be that hard up for money or have zero attachment to it. Good for you though!

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
You could have at least had your sister hold those racks for you while you took the pics.......:smiley_bril:

Congrats for getting them. I can't imagine why anybody would sell a deer rack like that, but it looks like you were in the right place at the right time.