Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

muskie fishing clear fork

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never done it, but I've heard of guys having lots of success with muskies at Clear Fork. Good luck to you, chetter!

chetter74

you guys should try I it's one hell of a rush when you hook into a big 1 , I like hearing that there's weeds we normaly fish ceasars creek the banks drop off there at about a 45° angle

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Stay east of the last island all the way to the east end down by the rock piles near the damn. You could toss some spinners or crank baits just off the weed beds up by the islands as well. If you can hit the shallower coves in the mornings up around picnic area 3 and head east to the docks at the sailboat club you might get some that way. Another bait that works well over there is a shad color rattle trap.

Good luck out there. Plenty of weed beds to play around on the edges of that's for sure.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This is something I'd love to so some time! I laugh my ass off every time I see someone buying muskie lures! It's fuggin' comical to think some of those things actually catch fish!!!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I fish clearfork a lot, but with out a boat to troll with musky isnt the primary target. I have had them hit crappies as I was reeling them in a few times. there are truly some big motor fingers in there.
Red cloud summed it up pretty good. you might also try trolling the edges of the main channel. if you can find the sweet spot where the weedlines end and the channel drops, you might be in luck.

chetter74

I fish clearfork a lot, but with out a boat to troll with musky isnt the primary target. I have had them hit crappies as I was reeling them in a few times. there are truly some big motor fingers in there.
Red cloud summed it up pretty good. you might also try trolling the edges of the main channel. if you can find the sweet spot where the weedlines end and the channel drops, you might be in luck.
Not much in to tolling but will have to cast the weed line and channel , thanks

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
not sure what to expect around here anymore. We havent had much for rain for a long time. I am planning to head out there this evening to catfish. If I hook a musky, which has happened, i'll let you know.