Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gonna be a long season, but....

buckstar25

T-county
Gettin some cool pictures

This is a doe we have had around for a long long time, she has white feet and this year is the first year she dropped triplets. I think all 3 are doe fawns but one is kind of shy and doesn't stand in front of the cam very long.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340153574.414669.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340153592.597311.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340153619.832348.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Call me a sissy, but I like seeing the fawns as much as the big boys. Not sure why but it is just a cool part of nature I enjoy.

buckstar25

T-county
Thanks, I am a little worried about numbers we have been seeing. I am glad she made it, and to show up with triplets was a pretty cool surprise too!

buckstar25

T-county
Well it doesn't get any better! With 3.5 weeks past since last cam check I was excited to get down to the property today to check the cams. Turns out there are only 6 deer plus 4 fawns left!! Haha, total of 6 cams and the same deer are in all but one camera. No bone to speak of, just some weird lookin 5 pts, a small 8 with some potential, and one deer I am not sure what is going on. Looks to be an adult deer with just 2 little nubbins. Like an overgrown button buck. Will post pics later.

I did have a cool run in with one of the triplets. I jumped them out of there beds and 2 ran up into the thicket and the third just sat there posing for me. Everytime my phone would beep she would come closer. I walked up the hill to try and get a better pic with phone and she turned and walked right at me. I bleeted at her and she looked confused but was still interested. I clicked the phone over to shoot video and here is the result.... She finally did get nervous and walked up to lick the trophy rock before going up the hill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXohkTVYHmA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

buckstar25

T-county
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341526766.409696.jpg

This is the best buck we have gotten in cams so far...... Too hot to go load it in my PC so this will have to do for now!

Last year by this time we had 18 different bucks. This year we have 5. And all but this one are missing a brow tine.

buckstar25

T-county
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341545493.067049.jpg

This is the deer I am not sure what is going on with. I can't see any nipples so I am not sure if it's a doe or some sort of mutant buck.....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341545614.568161.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341545631.298165.jpg

buckstar25

T-county
Thanks, I guess I coulda pointed out giraffe deer is the second one in the pics. He/she has just 2 little knots on it's head....