Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Its official!!!!!

deathfromabove07

Michigan
Well i put my vacation request in at work and surprisingly enough the boss ok'd it! November 3-11 i'll be hunting in Ohio! I'm looking at the wnf, shiawassee, and woodbury. But i'll be working everyday til then. I'm pumped!! Any others hunters in that area that might want to meet up let me know!
Also if anyone wants to share any info on these or other places to look into would be much appreciated!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's a good week to take for vacation, man. I think you'll have plenty of action to get yourself hooked on bowhunting in Ohio. Normally I'd be down there that same week, but I'll be heading west this fall in pursuit of waterfowl instead.

Best advice I can give you for the WNF is to hunt the funnels and ridge benches in the mornings, and hunt the acorns in the afternoons.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never hunted them to be able to offer any advice. Sounds like a good week to be there though! Good luck!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Dont think you can go wrong with one of the first two weeks in November in Ohio. Like Hicks, Ive never hunted those areas myself, bug best of luck to you!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
That week is primo for the seek,chase and courtship phase. JB has offered some great tips on strategy. Goodluck and Congrats on getting that week off!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Woodbury would be a good second choice. It is in the middle of nowhere and cell service sucks just ask any of the TOO clan that went to the outing down there last year lol. Seen plenty of deer down that way and very thickly wooded. Seemed like a good place to wonder around and chase some deer.

WNF is a good place to go as well. Haven't hunted down there in many years though so not much help on that one.

Good luck and have fun in November man.

deathfromabove07

Michigan
Well I went into work this morning and learned i don't have a job with this company any longer. Looks like my ohio trip this fall might not be possible. I have a few other job opportunities that I've been offered while working for current company. We'll see what the cards have in hand for me. Michigans a tough place to find quality employment ..

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
So sorry to hear this man! Hope you can get hooked up else where. Damn economy causing many companies to layoff instead of reducing the pay of the bigwigs or management positions these days.