Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lima Ohio car crash

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Just when you thought it was safe to go outside

Around 30 people were hurt, some seriously, when a woman drove her car into a street party in Lima, Ohio, Friday night.

“It was unreal. There were bodies, and shoes and jewelry,” The Lima News reported Amee Truesdale as saying. “They took many, many people to the hospital, and two or three of them looked seriously hurt ... I saw men pick up that car and move out a gentleman that was pinned underneath.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The driver, who reportedly had a dog with her, was parked near the town's main square when she accelerated rapidly, a police spokesman told NBC News.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ves-car-into-street-party-around-30-hurt?lite

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Amee graduated with my sister. Her husband is the Shawnee Fire Dept Chief where I volunteer. She must have been attending the "Rally in the Square" which is held on Friday nights in the summer. Just watched a recap on the news. Pretty sad event. I have not heard of anyone I know that was injured. I hope and pray everyone recovers fully. I have not heard of any deaths, but the news did state several were seriously injured. This was the latest info I have heard and was 5-10min ago. Crazy stuff. You just never know what life will have in store for you. I doubt anyone would have guessed something like this would happen. This event takes place every Friday, and has for years. They generally put up snow fence to block off traffic (or drunk people from wandering into traffic). It is not like you could have possibly missed the event if you were driving.

I stopped by there yesterday afternoon and looked around the accident site, but didn't see any evidence that anything had ever happened there. The clean-up crews certainly did an excellent job. My wife and I were driving by the Rally in the Square about 2 hours before this incident and almost stopped by.

It'll be interesting to hear what the reason was for this woman driving through the crowd. :smiley_confused_vra

Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I take it this made national news? At least statewide news? BH57- Would you agree it had to be just about impossible NOT to see the event taking place? I guess my thoughts were possible seizure, passed out, heart attack, etc. Then the only thing I hear on the media is: She had a dog on her lap. So sad.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The first article I read said the 60+ year old female was disoriented...

Still pretty sad no matter how it happened. You just have to hope it wasn't some retard that had Fido get loose while on their lap or while texting or something. Local TV station stated "Dog on lap".

hickslawns said:
At least statewide news? BH57- Would you agree it had to be just about impossible NOT to see the event taking place?
hickslawns,
It was statewide, for sure. I did a quick search on Saturday and Toledo had it on their news station, as well did Columbus' news station.

Yep...no way you could not see/hear what was going on during the Rally's event. There's a live band playing in the N.W. corner of the square and the accustics (or lack there of) of the concrete buildings in that area, amplify the sound quite well. Plus, there's always about 75 to 100 people wondering around the area, drinking beer, talking, etc. Plus, it's well luminated, so there's no chance of missing the fact that there's something going on...at 7:00 p.m. to midnight.

Bowhunter57

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I read it on MSNBC national news under the US section. I'm anxious as well to hear what exactly has to happen in order for someone to run over 30 people in a crowd during an event such as Rally in the Square.