Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Erie Report June 12,13

Eye Spy

Willard, OH
We started trolling yesterday and had a slow pick all day and managed to pull 23 eyes before heading in. Today, the lake was pretty bumpy in the morning so we waited until it started laying down around 11:30. The bite was on as soon as we started setting lines and we had a 6 man limit by 4:30! Fish were caught on spoons, worm harnesses, and J-7's behind jet and dipsey divers. We had a lot of throw back walleye today ranging from 6"-15 inches (I don't keep them unless they are at least 15 1/4" because they will shrink). We also caught several nice perch the last couple of days.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
How's the smallmouth report lol.... Sounds like the eyes are on fire...... Might be heading up there in the morning if things workout.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We started trolling yesterday and had a slow pick all day and managed to pull 23 eyes before heading in. Today, the lake was pretty bumpy in the morning so we waited until it started laying down around 11:30. The bite was on as soon as we started setting lines and we had a 6 man limit by 4:30! Fish were caught on spoons, worm harnesses, and J-7's behind jet and dipsey divers. We had a lot of throw back walleye today ranging from 6"-15 inches (I don't keep them unless they are at least 15 1/4" because they will shrink). We also caught several nice perch the last couple of days.

Got a ticket on a fish once in Ky.. Was legal by maybe 1/4 when I caught it. Sat in the ice chest for 8 hours. When the warden measured, 1/8th under.. Fugger.