Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What would you do?

buckstar25

T-county
Let him walk or drop him? I am stuck between enjoying the pics and wanting him on the ground. He showed up last year the day before our vacation and stuck around until he dropped, no luck finding the sheds either.... Hopefully he is still around....I have a ton of pics of him these are the first 2 I came across in last years folders. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339555964.694522.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339555979.496899.jpg

buckstar25

T-county
yeah, we kinda kept track of him last year and he got passed all season long. Every shot I heard during gun season I was waiting to hear of a nice 6pt gettin killed but he made it. I am hopin to see him this year but so far we only have a couple bucks on cams, be interesting to see what he gained this year.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Pass. Great potential there for you though. This year? Probably a pass, but going to be tougher to pass on him. Good luck Buckstar.

Schu72

Streetsboro
I agree with the others. Passing was the right choice. Hoppefully he comes back around this year and blew up with bone.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
He wouldn't make it around these parts.... I'd probably would of passed as well but the adjoining properties they would of dropped him where he stood.... Probably why we have no good ones running around..... Do you know if he made it through the season last year?

buckstar25

T-county
Yes he made at least until he dropped his rack. He kept tempting fate with my buddy but I knew he was staying close to our place so there was a good chance he could make it through the season, but like J said we also have some trigger happy neighbors...I will post up the pics if he shows up this year .

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm with the others on letting him pass. He has a hell of a frame to build on at 2.5, but as most 8's are apt to do, you won't see "full" potential until they are 4 or older. He'd had blow up this year for me to shoot him...

buckstar25

T-county
Pass on that young deer. Maybe in 2 years.

Yeah, I was hooked on gettin pics of him just because he is so cool lookin. That's the biggest 6 I have had encounter with. He should get passed this year unless one of the kids takes him. I am curious about the brow tines. Last year there were 2 six points killed and neither had brows. We have a now 4.5 year old with only one brow and maybe 100" of bone.... Our area gets pounded hard gun season and just worried the downhill slide has already started.