Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

PSE Quantum Tune-Up

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My brother has been shooting an old hand-me-down PSE Quantum, circa 2001. It's a nice bow... mainly a target-style of bow, but it'll fling 'em good enough to kill deer as well. But at 39" axle-to-axle, it isn't exactly the most treestand-friendly bow out there.

Anyway, he's been rocking the original string and cable for quite some time and I convinced him it was high time for a tune up. I get his bow from him and it's an absolute mess... mud all over it, a gouge in the idler wheel, cables threaded through the slide backwards, peep tubing dryrotted and falling apart, etc etc. Milo at Skeeter Creek Outdoors hooked me up with a nice set of ProLine threads for it, as well as a RAD Super Deuce 1/4" peep. I took the bow completely down, removed the limbs and cleaned up the pockets good. Before reassembling I coated the limb bolts and pockets with some fresh dielectric grease. Put it all back together, hooked it up with the new threads, installed the new peep and a d-loop, installed new speed nocks, cleaned all the fuggin mud off of it, and got it dialed in through some paper. Thanks to these awesome ProLine strings this bow is shooting better than it ever has, IMO.

The strings are tan and OD green, with clear halo serving.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
JB i think you and i were seperated from our parents somewhere down the line..my brother is the same way

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks great man. That bow would make a nice fishing rig just saying.

LOL. Believe me, I've got first dibs on it when my brother decides to move on to a newer bow. The only thing is it's a solocam and I've heard two-cam bows are better for bowfishing. That, and being 39" ATA makes it a little long to be handling in a boat. But hey, it'd certainly be better than nothing!