Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Vaportrail Archery - Customer Service

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't know how many of you guys here have used or currently use any Vaportrail Archery products, but if not I would highly recommend them. Limbdriver arrow rests, string dampeners, custom strings, etc. I'm a big fan of their products. Recently I had a couple minor issues... One was an incorrect bolt that cam with a new Limbdriver rest (wrong threads), and the other was a launcher blade that seemed to have "lost it's springiness." Over on archerytalk, there's a guy by the name of 'Ears' that works for Vaportrail... I shot him a couple PM's, and without hesitation he offered to remedy the problems by sending me new parts right away. IMO, this is about as good as it gets as far as customer service goes. Below are copies of my correspondence with Ears...

Ears said:
Get me your address and I'll send you a new launcher, just let me know which one you need......they're still made out of spring steel....not sure why it's bending, but I'll get you taken care of........The flat spot on the shaft is basically so the shaft doesn't rotate, and it has a "flat" spot to grab...you shouldn't have the need to rotate it away from the flat spot. If you need another shaft, let me know and I can get you a price on one of those. Give me a call if you have any other questions!!
jbrown31 said:
Hello, Ears.
I recently purchased a new Limbdriver Pro arrow rest (the regular... not the Pro V) and I'm having some issues with the launcher blade. Are these still made out of spring steel??? I adjusted the rest so that the launcher stops just above the bow shelf, but after I shoot for a while I notice the launcher is bending upwards (from hitting the shelf). I tried setting it up tight to the shelf also and it gives me the same result. It seems to bend pretty easily, almost like it's made out of aluminum or something. I did not have any issues with bending on my old Limbdriver. Any ideas?
Also, I noticed on the new model that there is a flat spot machined into the "launcher arm rod" where the set screw tightens down. On the older LD you could loosen the set screw and rotate the arm to tweak rest height and rotation... but you can't with the newer one because the set screw "wants" to grab the flat spot when you tighten it. Just wanted to offer my opinion on this flat spot... I don't really like it.
Thanks,
Jim

Ears said:
Yeah the place I get all of my bolts from mis-packaged a shipment with two different thread sizes...I caught it, but it was a little too late and some went out.....I can definitely get you a new one if you need it...just let me know!!!! Thanks!!
jbrown31 said:
Hi,
I was told by a friend that you work for Vapor Trail. If that's true... I have a question for you. Do you know of any Limbdrivers being packaged with the wrong riser mounting bolt? I just opened up a new one this afternoon to put it on my Strother Infinity, and the mounting bolt has a coarse thread that doesn't match the threads in the bow riser. Hopefully this isn't a widespread issue, but if it is you may want to tell someone about it. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Jim

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Update:

It was no surprise that a package from Vaportrail arrived today, since last time the service was extremely prompt as well. But I was surprised when I opened it up. Instead of just sending me one normal "Hunter" launcher blade like I had requested, Vaportrail sent me that, along with a newer style launcher with the arrow holder tabs, two more mounting screws, and a Limbdriver decal. Now that's excellent customer service!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
:smiley_clap:

Well done. I was leaning towards a Limb Driver for the next bow anyways, but that might do it for me! Good stuff JB!!!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Good to know that they have great cs. I I have a new limb driver sitting at skeeter creek waiting on me.