Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Extremely Scary Experience

hunna771

Today i went fly fishing down on the Maumee river while my mom and sisters got their nails done. I fished for a couple hours or so and caught a couple small bass. My mom said she was on her way so i decided to start heading back. There is about 40 yards of woods between the parking lot and the river. I was about half way through the woods and all of a sudden a dog jumped out at me from my right. I put out my right hand to either protect myself or pet it, i wasn't sure yet. He ended up latching onto my hand. I ripped it out of his mouth and he grabbed onto my butt. He bit hard.. hard enough to break through my shorts, through my boxers and through my skin. I slugged him with my fist on the side of the head. He continued to hold. I hit him as hard as i could on the top of his head. He let go of me and looked very confused. He turned around and kinda stumbled away. I ran the other way towards the parking lot. I thought i got an adrenaline rush when i was full draw on a deer... I could have fought anyone and won at the moment. My mom got me and i didn't say anything. I thought she'd get mad or whatever. I told my sister a few hours later and she told me i needed to go to the hospital. I told my mom and she flipped. I also told my dad( Swantucky) and he went down there with an axe handle to find it, LOL(he couldn't find it. :smiley_depressive:). So far, i've only gotten a tetanus shot and it cleaned up. I'm more than likely going in tomorrow for my first dose of rabies shots. Easily one of the top 3 scariest moments of my life.
dogbite.jpg

(He looked to be a full grown German Sheperd)

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow dude that's nuts! Glad you're alright though. Definitely get your rabies shots... You just never know. And if you wait until the symptoms of rabies set in, it's too late for you...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Holy schnikes Hunna! Glad you were not more seriously injured.

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Dang lil brother - glad you're ok...and glad you sought medical attention. That's nothing to even mess with or take a chance on.
I hope Tucky finds that pooch and puts the hammer down

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I know you are pretty woods savvy Hunna. No chance it was a coyote was there? Notice a collar or anything? Just curious as it has me thinking.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Wow, glad you was able to shake it. Dog attacks suck. I still remember two dobermans jumping on me when I was 8 like it was yesterday. Thank god my grandmother was there with a broom and a loud mouth.

Hope you heal up quick.

Dang, that would be scary Im glad you werent more seriously injured. You were smart to go see doctor too. Since you can't carry a pistol at your age I would carry a knife. Im not too much older than you and I had a knife on me 90% of the time since I was 12 years old. "-a good sharp edge is a mans best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."

hunna771

I did in fact have 2 knives with me, but were in the bag on my back. Given the shorts i was wearing i couldn't have it on my belt. Otherwise, that dog would have been sliced open...

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
I have already got the number of the expert at the health dept. to see what she thinks about the shots. The animal control guy hopefully remembers me from the deer hunt years ago. I helped him out, maybe he could do the same for me and put a little extra effort in trying to catch this fucker. I have concerns if it was willing to tangle with Hunter who is by no means small what will he do to a kid?? I am embarassed by what I am willing to do to that dog, lord help the owner if they get in the middle or way of that.

New rules of engagement around the house also.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Damn Dude, just another reason I don't like to fish that side of the river. First ya gotta watch out for all the handholding going on over there now rabid dogs. Hope everything works itself out and your OK

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Glad you're kind of OK. I'm glad you were able to give him some lumps. Tucky, call me if you're down there looking after work.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Dang man, that is a scary situation right there. Glad it didn't come out any worse than it did. Best of luck finding that bastard and making him pay!!