Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Worshing Machines

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Need a new worsher, washer to you city folks! lmao

I don't want to spend more than $400-500 and don't want to buy used. Who has what and do you like it?

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Got a Whirlpool front load, don't get a front loader, the ole lady leaves the door open after every use and the damn thing still gets a wang to it and has to be cleaned around the door seal.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We have a GE Profile worsher Jesse. Can't tell you off hand what we paid for it though. It's been a good one and been in the family 15 plus years.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
1. They don't make them like they used to.
2. Don;t buy shit from Sears. Whirlpool, GE, Kenmore ALL crap.

Go with LG, or Samsung. Which will be out of your 400-500 budget though..

I have LG front loaders. Best damn machines I've seen and well worth the money. I knew it when i bought them to replace the POS Kenmore Elites I had.. And the GF had two older top loaders. Mine blow hers away as far as wash quality, dry time, and smart cycles.

Here is the one I have

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...langId=-1&keyword=lg+front+load&storeId=10051

Schu72

Streetsboro
We have a top load Kennmore that we bought with money from our wedding, so its around 13 years old and still humming along.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I disagree with J-Lope.

Go with Whirlpool. Made in Ohio and I have had Whirlpool everything all my life and so has my whole family (icluding extended). Never one issue before expected life expectancy but once and Whirlpool made right by it even though out of Warranty (first generation front loader bearing issue). LG's on the other hand is a different story. Buddy had 15K worth of repairs on a brand new timber framed home due to a LG washer.

I will say that I had a dog in this fight since my Father was (now retired) engineer for Whirlpool for 35 years. We get free LG products all the time to report back to Whirlpool our findings. Not good. Whirlpool did have a major issue with there first generation front loader where hair could get through the seal and ruin the bearings. That has been rectified. We have had them all to demo so if you have questions feel free to call me.

Wish you lived closer because I get Whirlpool, Kenmore and Maytag at at least 40% off store costs usually. I bought my set of front loaders (washer/dryer) for $700 total five years ago.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Yep I try to "keep it local" whenever possible, and I think Whirlpool is a good choice. Not only do I know a lot of people that work there, seems to be a quality product. I have bought used since we moved into our home 4 years ago, so no first hand reviews on the new Whirlpool appliances myself, but know a few couples that have and none have complaints.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Go with Whirlpool... They're made right in my hometown of Clyde. :)

I don't have one, but my mom and several other relatives have front loaders and they all absolutely hate them. A new washer and dryer set is something my wife and I have also been considering... and everyone is telling us to go with a new-style top loader instead of a front loader.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I disagree with J-Lope.

Go with Whirlpool. Made in Ohio and I have had Whirlpool everything all my life and so has my whole family (icluding extended). Never one issue before expected life expectancy but once and Whirlpool made right by it even though out of Warranty (first generation front loader bearing issue). LG's on the other hand is a different story. Buddy had 15K worth of repairs on a brand new timber framed home due to a LG washer.

I will say that I had a dog in this fight since my Father was (now retired) engineer for Whirlpool for 35 years. We get free LG products all the time to report back to Whirlpool our findings. Not good. Whirlpool did have a major issue with there first generation front loader where hair could get through the seal and ruin the bearings. That has been rectified. We have had them all to demo so if you have questions feel free to call me.

Wish you lived closer because I get Whirlpool, Kenmore and Maytag at at least 40% off store costs usually. I bought my set of front loaders (washer/dryer) for $700 total five years ago.

I would agree that years ago they were battle tanks. The GF had one in her basement that was probably 20 years old and running strong.. But if it was made in the past 12 years or so in my experience it's crap.

Here is what I initially furnished the house with and the problems I had.

Kenmore Elite washer and dryer.. Replaced cheap plastic Dog ears 4 times in 5 years of ownership. $15x5= $75... Washer Transmission leaked fluid and went out. $300 part. Heating element in Dryer went out. $200 part.

Kenmore elite Refrigerator. (Made by Whirlpool) 5 years of ownership. Freezer Thermostat went out $140.. Main control Board. $480 in parts. Ice maker motor. 200 in parts.

Whirlpool dishwasher. 6 years of ownership. Seals leaked, roller baskets would come off track, drained poorly, and was loud as hell.

Kenmore elite Stove. Burner went out after 4 years of ownership. Convection fan froze up after 3 years.

All replaced with

LG front load washer and drier. 4 years of ownership. Zero problems

LG Refrigerator. 6 years of ownership. Zero problems.

Samsung Dishwasher 3 years ownership. Zero problems

LG electric Stove. three years ownership Zero Problems

Samsung LCD Flatscreen TV 6 years ownership Zero problems

LG Microwave 4 years Zero problems

The Ex has a LG vacuum now for 2 years. Zero problems.

Samsung Blu-ray player Zero problems.

All are super quite and do a great job. The dishwasher is so quiet i have to put my ear a couple feet from it to even hear it running.

Kenmore is a sears marketing brand and they don't make a single product themselves. Most of their appliances are made by Whirlpool, GE, Maytag and others. Perhaps these manufacturers are making the product to a price point. But I do know one thing, LG, and Samsung are kicking all their asses.. Even Dyson is feeling the pain from LG.. LG makes a vacuum on par with Dyson quality at half the price. I kept the Dyson and the Ex bough an LG. She prefers the LG over the dyson and it was half the cost. That's not a knock on Dyson as that vacuum is tits and has never given me a problem. But why if you can get a same quality vacuum with more attachments at half the price.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.

geezer tole muh ta post this

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Front load washers are for metros

I don't do laundry.. But nice appliances make happy women.. Happy women make your wienie feel happy.. It's the difference in a woman making you use a Briggs push mower, or a Dixie Chopper. :smiley_crocodile:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't do laundry.. But nice appliances make happy women.. Happy women make your wienie feel happy.. It's the difference in a woman making you use a Briggs push mower, or a Dixie Chopper. :smiley_crocodile:

Truer words have never been spoken. Preach, brotha... preach!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We have the high capacity top load washer, front load dryer made by Fisher Peykal. I believe it says "Eco Smart" under the name. Might have mispelled the name. Paykal, Peykal, something like that. When shopping, i remember it being a simple design, very few parts, and high capacity. A little more than traditional washer/dryers, but not as expensive as the front load high capacity machines. They have serves us well for the last several years (knock on wood.)

Buckmaster

Portage
I'll be on board later this year due to the fact I sold my house with all the appliances. Needless to say, I'll be watching this thread.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you do a lot of laundry (two kids lots of towels) I'd say go with the front loader less water, spins faster and clothes are lot dryer when you pull them out which equates too less dryer run time..... I saved money in the long run and if the wife would have emptied her pocket the day before we needed it fixed then it wouldn't have needed fixed..... She's a nurse and put a cap to a syringe in her pocket and it got stuck in the pump when I was on the road one time..... Not going too get into the debate on which model do your research and form your own opinion from that..... But Jesse with a youngin like yourself go with the one that cuts down on the total number of loads needed which saves money and time.....

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
1. They don't make them like they used to.
2. Don;t buy shit from Sears. Whirlpool, GE, Kenmore ALL crap.

Go with LG, or Samsung. Which will be out of your 400-500 budget though..

I have LG front loaders. Best damn machines I've seen and well worth the money. I knew it when i bought them to replace the POS Kenmore Elites I had.. And the GF had two older top loaders. Mine blow hers away as far as wash quality, dry time, and smart cycles.

Here is the one I have

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...langId=-1&keyword=lg+front+load&storeId=10051

Yeah but you are never home to wear it out......:smiley_bril: