Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

In the Market for a Fish Finder

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Alright guys, I have a 14ft aluminium boat, with a 4 horse motor and a trolling motor. I'm in the market for a Fish Finder.

I only have 600 bucks or so total in my boat/trailer/motor etc., so I don't want to break the bank and go all out on a Fish Finder if I don't have to.

What are you thoughts?

Brands to stay away from?

Qualities that are a must have?

I fish mostly smaller lakes and reservoirs for Panfish, Bass, and Saugeye.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm a fan of the Lowrance depth/fish finders. The sky is really the limit when it comes to these things... price-wise... But they make several models that can be purchased for 75 to 150 bucks. I'm sure Garmin, Humminbird, and some others make good quality units... but Lowrance is all I've ever owned or used.

For a rig like yours, I think either the Lowrance X-4 or X-4 Pro would be a good choice.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Jb hit it good.... can't go wrong with a lowrance unit the only thing I might add is get the transducer that has a temperature reading for it.... I always lime too know Thea water temps where I fish.... helps in the long run.... an area with a few degrees warmer water sometimes makes all the difference in the world when fishing......