Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB Crossman 760 or such a like

Buckmaster

Portage
Looking for a used cheap functioning BB gun for backyard plinking. Tell me what's in the back of your closet. You can keep the skeletons.

Back when I was a 1970's kid I had a Crossman 760 pumpmaster.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Buckmaster,

I have recently purchased 2 different bb guns for my kids and one of them was a crosman 760. They are pretty cheap if you get a brand new one, I think I bought ours for less than $40 at wally world. They don't build them as good as back when we were kids that's for sure, but they will still kill some birds. Good luck finding one or buying one. Beware of buying a used BB gun though as the seals can wear out in them easily if they aren't oiled properly.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Both the PL880 and the Crosman 760 are 35-45 bucks new on Amazon.

Be sure to go through the Amazon link from TOO if you go the new gun route...

Buckmaster

Portage
I desire a circa 1970's version, not today's plastic guns. Current models can be had for $ 35-50 but I wanted an older one. If I can't find one than I'll pick one up at Wally World in the months ahead. I remember selling mine to the kid down the street for $ 15.00 back around 1984-ish. He lost it in the woods later that summer.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I had a Crossman 1400 and my buddy had the Sheridan pump up air rifles and them things were badass.... We could drop rabbit pheasnt squirrel and the ocasional coon when we saw them..... I shot a mallard in the head once and didn't phase that SOB..... That one still haunts me rotflmao Started with the 760 and if I remember right it was all wood..... No plastic..... .177 pellet or BB.... The 1400 was a .22 cal pellet only and the sheridan was a 5mm if I remember right as well..... Good times and memories....

Buckmaster

Portage
..... That one still haunts me rotflmao Started with the 760 and if I remember right it was all wood..... No plastic..... .177 pellet or BB.... ..... Good times and memories....

That's the one I had. I'd like to rekindle the spirit by getting another one of that era.