Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Holy carp.

hunna771

My friend matt invited me over to stay the night and flyfish and bowfish. He told me he had a bunch of ponds that held carp. We stopped by most of them and didnt see anything, but we did catch a lot of bluegill and catfish on our flyrods. We stopped by the neighbors house and he told us to try the creek across the street for carp. We walked down there and we saw 7 or so. I shot 2 and matt got 1, each rangin 8- 12 lbs. daaaaaaaang.jpg:smiley_bril:

We woke up around 10 and headed back to the creek. I thought it was gonna be one of those one hit wonder spots. Holy crap was i wrong. We saw at least 20-30 carp when we first walked up. I saw a hog and smoked him. 23 lbs and 34 inches long. Biggest i've ever shot. I also shot my first mirror carp today!!! I shot a total of 9 in 2 1/2 hours and matt only got one... his weighed 18 lbs though! his biggest ever, TOO... even though he's just getting into bowfishing. He neeeds more practice:smiley_clap: heres some pics!!! It was a blast even though the weather and water was freezing!!!daaaaaang.jpgdaaaaaaang.jpgmatts1st.jpgdaaaang.jpgdang.jpgdaaang.jpgdaaaaang.jpg:pickle::smiley_bril::smiley_clap:rotflmao

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Bury them beside your tomato plants and watch them grow. The tomatoes that is lol

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good stuff man. I've always thought that would be fun to do, but never seem to get around to it. One of these days...

hunna771

Shot one today, like my dad said. Had one but it got off... stupid cheap bowfishing arrows lol. Saw the most crayfish i've ever seen in one place... thousands. Lots of pike and turtles too!
creek1.jpg