Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Findlay Reservoir #2

I fished the Findlay Reservoir #2, for the first time, this morning. I got there around 8 a.m. and should've been there around 5. The fish were hitting right away, but dwindled as the morning wore on and it got hotter.

Just the same, I thought the quality of the fish was very good. I caught my first perch and it was 10 1/2" long. Along with it was a 16" walleye, several white bass and a few smaller variety of fish. Also, 2 channelcats that were over 14". I released them all, except for the channelcats...some guy at the boat ramp wanted them for supper, so I gave them to him. :smiley_blink:

There was an older gentleman at the boat ramp, when I got out around noon. He was with the U.S. Coast Guard Auxillary and he was inspecting boats and giving out stickers. Never seen or heard of anything like that before. :smiley_confused_vra I felt a little rejected as he never gave my kayak a single glance. :smiley_depressive: I'll have to see my therapist an extra hour to get over that one. :smiley_crocodile:

Ofcourse, the topper of the day was the GW sitting in his truck, in the shade, just west of the bottom of the hill from the boat ramp...with his binoculars, watching to see who stopped for the stop sign. :smiley_arrogant: I stopped and stared at him for a minute or so and then drove right past him. He kept watching that stop sign. :smiley_armscrossed:
Happy Memorial Day, m*****f*****! Whatever! :smiley_asswhip:

The water was exceptionally clear and all the fish I caught were very healthy. Good place to fish!

Bowhunter57

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Glad to hear you had a good time, 57! Findlay Res really is an exceptional fishery. There are some absolute dandy smallmouths in there!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
15 years ago we sold our Lake Erie boat mostly because the fishing in #2 was so good along with the other loacal resevoirs. Since then they totally dicked up the fishing there. In the last 2 years they finally put a good plan in place and I think in 3 years or so it's gonna be a topnotch place to go again. Not sure on the whole walleye release though. Numbers show that the fish really don't reproduce at all in there. With what they turn lose, I'd rather see them put saugeye in there