Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Suhweeeet!!

hunna771

Hit up a new spot today... it was pretty great. lol. We( Elliot and I) get to the reservoir and its about 5. Its super hot i and i thought all of the carp etc. would be on the bottom trying to stay cool. We say a few way out hitting the top of the water, but too far for us to shoot at. :smiley_depressive: Elliot wore his wading shoes and waded into the cattails. He missed a few, so did i. We drove to the other side and we walked in opposite directions. I :smiley_depressive:looked across and saw elliot flingin arrows. I walked over and he told me that they were in 1-3 in. of water sitting on the rocks eating algae. It was a 50 yd. stretch where we could see the edge, then it got too thick. He shot 2 and i got one. I need some polarized glasses like him:smiley_clap:!!! We went back to where we originally started. He lost both of his arrrows( aluminums, hillbilly rig lol) and i shot 2 more out of the other corner. He told me that we were gonna run home 10 min, and get his canoe. we ended up getting my canoe and headed back. it was about 8:40. Boat loaded with gear, off his subaru and into the water in 7 minutes. We paddled to the other side. shot a dozen times or so! i had one at 10 feet, no more and shot. 50# line snapped. WTF. It hurt so GD bad. lol i have no idea what happened. Glad i bought an extra one today:smiley_coolpeace: haha i ended up shooting one before it got too dark and we had to leave. Sunday night... boy you carp bess watch yo selves, ya hear?!?:smiley_bril::smiley_clap: we're gonna take the trolling motor and more lights next time :pickle: carp6.jpgcarp5.jpg