Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

JBrown's 2012 Trail Cam Thread

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
First camera check of the 2012 scouting season! I was going to wait until Tuesday, which would give the cams a full 2 week soak, but I just couldn't wait any longer! lmao

The firmware update for the Spypoint seemed to help with picture clarity quite a bit, however there are still certain instances where the pics end up grainy. The location I have this cam in right now isn't really the best as far as lighting goes, though... so I'm assuming that is what's having the biggest effect on clarity right now.

This guy has some serious potential...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've got a Bushnell TC running over another mineral site and, like the Spypoint, it did not disappoint me.

Less than an hour after establishing the mineral site...

This guy hit the brakes and never came back.

You fuggin bitch!...

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Be curious to see if that buck returns where the BTC was... he looked pretty good. Thats the big decussion on the IR vs Blackout thread, ive had the same things happen. Doesnt mean hes gone he may just skirt the camera a little bit

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great pics Jim! Fuggin yotes! Some nice growth coming along so far. Whats up with the buck that has the miracle grow on his right side? Lol

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great pics Jim! Fuggin yotes! Some nice growth coming along so far. Whats up with the buck that has the miracle grow on his right side? Lol

I don't know man... Just a little too far from the camera to tell, and the angle isn't the greatest either. It looks like he's got some funky chit growing though!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
What a disappointing three weeks worth of photos on this most recent memory card pull. No big bucks, fewer deer, and more of these rotten buggers....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Things have been really slow in front of my cams lately. The nearest bean field is at least 1/2 mile as the crow flies, so I think that's having a major impact on movement near my cams. There are, however, a few apple trees nearby that I've noticed are hanging full of apples... So it's possible that things will pick up soon.

The mineral sites were looking pretty weak, so I decided to freshen things up a bit...

Little buck...

A big ol' fat slickhead...

Another up and comer...

Finall, a fawn on camera...

This is ALWAYS a good sign...

A spoon full of salt helps the medicine go down...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Either that doe is really fat or she is still pregnant and about to pop lol. Maybe a late bloomer and not knocked up until January lol.

Looking good man. Kill the yote and fertilize the apple and white acorn trees lol.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I needed to brighten my day a bit so I decided to go check the spypoint ir-6 just down the road. Last time I was in the woods I set it to take 30-second video clips... so I was looking forward to the footage. As my luck would have it, my day did not get brightened at all. When I opened the cam and moved the switch to "view," the display lit up just long enough for me to read that there were only 10 video clips, and then the batteries died. To top it off, I just finished watching them... 10 videos - 1 was a doe, 1 was a blank, and 8 were turkeys. Good grief. :smiley_depressive:

I meandered over near the neighboring property and noticed a big salt block, which is about 250 yds from my minerals. I have a feeling that's part of why my minerals are seeing virtually zero activity...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
JB i get the same luck man, I cant tell you how many times I have checked cards and my camras decided not to work for one reason or another. hahahaha Hang in there, it will get better.