Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Well What's Your Plans

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
For the big Memorial day weekend? I'm fishing some helping the wife around the house and have a tournament on Monday that I hope goes well. Just went and picked up two new deep cycle batteries for the trolling motor which I was surprised as how reasonable they were since I last bought them in 07..... Probably going too the outlaws for a BBQ after the tourney and drink some beers..... I have off till next Friday so some quality boat time will be in order :smiley_coolpeace:

Buckmaster

Portage
We close our home sale Saturday morning and have 3 days to be out = Finalization of moving and house cleaning this weekend. It's a chore but somebody's got to do it.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ballfields on Saturday. Then we have a huge group of people going quad riding on Sunday down in the hollers that we call the "Creek Trail" for some mud and water fun. It's an awesome ride that winds in and out of the creek bottoms of Mingo Junction, Ohio. It'll be perfect to beat the heat.
After the ride we are cooking out at a friend's cabin at Mingo Sportsman and winding down.

Monday will be a day of recovery. Lol

Have fun everyone and give thanks for our freedoms!

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Headed south tomorrow to water the fruit trees I planted last fall that are not established yet, throw some deer cameras back up now that turkey is over, and then cool off in the lake with the kids and a few beers. Monday we will have a kids birthday party and cookout.

Stay safe everyone

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
SIGH.........................same thing I have done the last 3 past years, WORK! Think I am going on 45 days down here and this last hole is a high profile hole. They brought more shacks ( Housing ) for the big boys from the office to stay on location. Had a pre spud meeting and we are getting 4 instead of two directional drillers, 2 instead of 1 mud engineers and they gave me the look. I said what????? They actually suggested I get another mud logger down here to help. I was informed that I will be up for at least 3 days straight and can't miss one sample, can't sleep and sit on 3 or 4 and then clean them. I said lets just wait and see but I did call Big Bro and gave him a heads up I might be throwing up the white flag. Done it for twos days straight with out sleep but 3 might be pushing it. I want to do it by myself but lack of sleep can create mistakes, something we can not have on this hole. It was quoted this has to be the perfect hole.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Got a crawfish boil to go to Sunday and a family get together on Monday but most important gonna spend alot of time with my new granddaughter!! she is on the way home right now as I type this!!!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Swimming Pool.... Beer... Cookout... Beer... Cornhole... Beer. :pickle:

Been a long week at work, can't wait to relax and unwind!

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Headed to a cookout tonight. Coaching ball tomorrow and working around the house/farm. Watching the UFC and getting drunk Saturday. Working inside Sunday to avoid the heat, then heading to the river for a fire and maybe some catfishing. Not sure Monday, but it won't be much since it is supposed to be so hot...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Got to drive in a Parade down in Buckland Ohio on Monday morning.....Hey Phil, isn't that close to you?

Not too far at all. 10-15min. Wish I would be around to invite you over afterwords. THe Mrs has plans for me though.

Our son, Garrett, turned 8 today. She has plans which are going to require me to work until the wee hours of the night again. I have been busting my tail the last couple days to prep everything. She makes a big deal out of birthdays. I could care less. What do I want for my birthday? Just leave me alone. lmao

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Working tomorrow. Then off work and doing nothing Sunday. Monday morning is the parade I have been told we are going to go watch then back to the house around 11am or so to do some work around the house. Tuesday would be my holiday paid day off but I decided to go ahead and work so I can get that double time and a half ;).

Nothing fun going on at our place. Just another weekend lol.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Graduation party tonight, so I plan on getting my $25 worth of beer.
Taking the new .22 out around 930 tomorrow to pluck a family of groundhogs behind our elevator. Definitely gonna get some brownie points with the farmer. Then heading to Bass pro in afternoon to get a new target
Sunday I'll be hiding inside most the day until evening. Playing poker til dark Then we're grilling, drinking and sitting around the fire ring at my house. Probably playing Volleyball under my new portable lights I made.

Monday will involve me wishing I hadn't done something so stupid (undetermined at this point). Monday night is the start of Hatfield and McCoys on History channel

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Working tomorrow. Then off work and doing nothing Sunday. Monday morning is the parade I have been told we are going to go watch then back to the house around 11am or so to do some work around the house. Tuesday would be my holiday paid day off but I decided to go ahead and work so I can get that double time and a half ;).

Nothing fun going on at our place. Just another weekend lol.

Heck yeah Adam! If you didn't have anything going on, I would have done the same thing. Good for you to have this option.

Redhunter1012

Sunday I'll be hiding inside most the day until evening. Playing poker til dark Then we're grilling, drinking and sitting around the fire ring at my house. Probably playing Volleyball under my new portable lights I made.

Monday will involve me wishing I hadn't done something so stupid (undetermined at this point). Monday night is the start of Hatfield and McCoys on History channel

Cracked me up with this one Ryan! Enjoy it bud!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had originally planned on meeting my dad and brother down at Alum Creek tomorrow for some crappie fishing. However, thinking about the heat, the pleasure boaters, and the latest lackluster fishing reports, I think we're going to play a round or two of golf instead. I'm a little disappointed that I won't be putting any crappie filets in my freezer... But they're driving here, meaning I'm not spending money on fuel now, so that makes me happy happy. :) As for Sunday and Monday, I don't have a clue. I envision firing up the grill, watching some baseball, playing some cornhole, and tipping back a few beers. Not sure there's any reason to do any more than that. :)

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
house work this morning and early afternoon. Going to put out a salt block and check cams in a few. Hopefully redcloud can join me for some catfishing this evening.

Tomorrow looks like we are going to do a cookout, family outing. The missus wanted to go to mohican, but I talked her into going to delaware state park instead. What she dosent know is that I had another agenda for this. I have been wanting to check out the Delaware wildlife area for a couple years now and this gives me a chance to do that while making it look like a hike in the woods.

not sure about monday. probably a little more work around the house and maybe a little fishing later on.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
house work this morning and early afternoon. Going to put out a salt block and check cams in a few. Hopefully redcloud can join me for some catfishing this evening.

Tomorrow looks like we are going to do a cookout, family outing. The missus wanted to go to mohican, but I talked her into going to delaware state park instead. What she dosent know is that I had another agenda for this. I have been wanting to check out the Delaware wildlife area for a couple years now and this gives me a chance to do that while making it look like a hike in the woods.

not sure about monday. probably a little more work around the house and maybe a little fishing later on.

On lunch checking Clear fork right now and it is clear water. Must not have had as much rain last night as I thought to muddy the water over here.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
On lunch checking Clear fork right now and it is clear water. Must not have had as much rain last night as I thought to muddy the water over here.

cant hurt to try. maybe with the warm weather all week, powers might be picking up. Let me know when you get home if you can go.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Same as DJK. I did some fishing this morning, then worked on the pool getting it ready to go. I'll be hopping around to a few graduation parties tonight, then actual graduation is tommorow, followed by my graduation party. Then monday I'll be relaxing and catching up on sleep I'd say. Should be a great weekend.