Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Arizona EZ fletch

Milo

Tatonka guide.
So Curran and i were messing with his bow last night in between swattin skeeters...and he mentions to me how he wanted to try an arizona EZ fletch....a few months ago my uncle got one at an auction and brought it over to my house along with some old aluminum shafts he wanted redone...long story short is i had never used it until Curran wanted to give it a whirl last night..I have to say that it is easy as heck to use and does a darn fine job.....I am going to investigate more and see what else i can find out about it. I may have some bitzenbergers up for sale real soon if it goes as smooth as it did last night...I encourage you all to check one out.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Thanks for the report. Was thinking about buying a new one instead of fixing my Bitz.
i fletched two arrows last night and i was kind of wow'd at how slick it worked...you know how picky i am and this one made me rethink what i was doing...

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I like 'em Eric. I have three. The only thing to watch out for is getting glue on the arms, and it is easy to do.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
After seeing it in action last night, I'll be gettin one. Been looking at them for a while, but didn't feel like messing with one if they weren't any good. Last night sold me.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Interesting. I've always chalked them up as a "gimmick" as it just seemed TOO good to be true. If Milo likes it, then I can live with it...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I think this is one of those products that, being plastic, seems a little cheap and not effective...more of a hands on type of purchase....very , very pleased...less mess and worry. its nice to know you have even clamping pressure and you don't have to babysit the thing.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
This is good to know. I've just been stuck on using my Bitz because it does a good job and I got it for free. The problem is the old Bitz can be a little finicky at times if you're not paying attention. I've only ever heard good things about the EZ Fletch... I may have to keep my eyes out for a sale on one. Thanks for the heads up, Milo. Your review holds a lot of weight, IMO... considering you're the guy who's thinking of spending hundreds on that Aerovane Jig! lol

Milo

Tatonka guide.
This is good to know. I've just been stuck on using my Bitz because it does a good job and I got it for free. The problem is the old Bitz can be a little finicky at times if you're not paying attention. I've only ever heard good things about the EZ Fletch... I may have to keep my eyes out for a sale on one. Thanks for the heads up, Milo. Your review holds a lot of weight, IMO... considering you're the guy who's thinking of spending hundreds on that Aerovane Jig! lol

that purchase is now on hold because of this....if i have one complaint it would be with non super glue adhesion...i really like to inspect the glue line and attachment before i move the clamp. this makes it a little difficult.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
that purchase is now on hold because of this....if i have one complaint it would be with non super glue adhesion...i really like to inspect the glue line and attachment before i move the clamp. this makes it a little difficult.

You're talking about the EZ Fletch, right? Hmmm... that makes things a little iffy for me as well then. I really like how you can see everything when using a Bitz jig.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
You're talking about the EZ Fletch, right? Hmmm... that makes things a little iffy for me as well then. I really like how you can see everything when using a Bitz jig.

i'm gonna do some more tomorrow and i will report back on it but from what i remember it was difficult....i only use duco on wood shafts now so its not a deal stopper as i have a couple of bitz's

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Don't you remember all the problems we had with the EZ Flech at ASII? That's the reason I bought a Bitzenburger and tossed my EZ Fletch in the bucket. We couldn't get good adhesion even after we tried 3 different types of glue. Remember my fletchings falling off on the way to the target? Maybe it was the bacon grease on our fingers...

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Don't you remember all the problems we had with the EZ Flech at ASII? That's the reason I bought a Bitzenburger and tossed my EZ Fletch in the bucket. We couldn't get good adhesion even after we tried 3 different types of glue. Remember my fletchings falling off on the way to the target? Maybe it was the bacon grease on our fingers...

i don't remember your easy fletch...i remember we have some issues even using the bitz...was yours made for carbon arrows? I still think some of the issues you had were with the black vanes as i had my run in with them recently...whites ones do fine but the black ones were a PITA...shoulda remembered right?

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
i don't remember your easy fletch...i remember we have some issues even using the bitz...was yours made for carbon arrows? I still think some of the issues you had were with the black vanes as i had my run in with them recently...whites ones do fine but the black ones were a PITA...shoulda remembered right?

Yes, I believe it was for carbon arrows - that's all I ever shot. I don't remember the color of the fletchings...I can still taste the bacon though.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Yes, I believe it was for carbon arrows - that's all I ever shot. I don't remember the color of the fletchings...I can still taste the bacon though.

i bet you can...its prolly just now getting out of your system.....bet you dont miss it that much now..hehe.. you were having issues with the black ones is what i remember..

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Wonder what the difference is with the colors.
not sure...might be the dye needed to get them so dark? I am going to be experimenting with some more black ones and i will try some acetone on them first and see if that helps...i had issues with them even on wraps...

Buckmaster

Portage
I have the AZ EZ Fletch and mine works great. If I get glue on the fletch arms a razor blade gets most of it off. Other than that no complaints here.

There is a jig clamp release tape that you can put on the arms of the EZ(or any plastic jig) to help with glue build it..It works very good for super or fast set glue types..I get mine from a guy on AT for 2$ shipped for 2inch wide X 30 or 35in long...Just drop 2$( it used to only be 1$) and a note with your address in a envelope an mail it to the dude..The amount you receive seems to last me awhile even when I had multiple plastic jigs....This is a cheaper an easier route for me then ordering it through bohning or a retailer.. ..Just thought I would throw it out there