Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Auction score

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Not a question but it seems like the best place to put this story.

Friday evening I was scanning the auctions in the Farm and Dairy newspaper and saw Kiko's were auctioning off everything for BTM Sporting Clays in Carrollton. There were a few things in the sale bill that interested me and I'm ahead on my farm work so I decide to go.

What I was really hoping to get was an auto trap. Good ones are uber expensive, never been to an auction where they sold but was hoping maybe they might sell cheap. Well that didn't happen, a Lincoln wobble trap that sells new for ~$4500 sold for $3800. A couple of Atlas traps that you can buy new for under $1500 sold for $1500:smiley_confused_vra

Now for what I did buy. They had some flats of shells. the first lot of 12 gauge Estates sold for $8, they usually can be bought for less then $6. Some more shells sold for retail or more. Then 2 flats of 16 gauge Federal Game Shoks came up and I got them for $7, they retail for ~$11. So I got the only good buy on shells that I saw. They sold a few guns for what I would consider the higher end of fair prices.

They had a bunch of Lincoln SC90 manual traps. These are really nice traps that are 3/4 cock and can throw doubles. When they throw the arm comes around most of the way and you only need to push it about 6" and it is ready to go again. These traps sell for over $800 new, I picked up one for $300. Wasn't the prettiest but is in good working condition. It throws hard! (let's see Jim, Jeff and Danny hit the mini's this baby throws rotflmao )

Last edited:

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Thats sweet! We took out pigeon thrower and welded a 2" pipe on it to fit in the reese hitch of our truck! Just drive out and throw... makes it nice!