Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Findlay Field & Stream 2012 Shoot Schedule

May 27th - Mixed Animal
June 24th - Mixed Animal
July 22nd - Safari (2D Targets)
August 26th - Pope & Young
September 23rd - 30 Deer Targets

J&S Archery 419-422-6756

I-75 Exit 164
Drive west on S.R. 613 to Township Rd. 142 and turn south to the first cross road, which is Township Rd. 109. Take the gravel road on to the north before the overpass to the Interstate.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Shot a 276. They don't count 11's cuz maybe half the targets don't have them. With the 11's I shot a 281. I still haven't got too comfy knowing my bow past 30 yards, which is what hurt me on the back half.

Redhunter1012,
I'm glad you enjoyed it. It takes a little time to get used to estimating yardage. Backyard shooting helps, but the serious test is on the course.

* Were the targets set up in clear lanes?
* Were the distances reasonable?
* Were any of the targets set at extreme angles?

I ask these questions, because in the past there have been some unreasonable people running this course and the way it was set up reflected their behavior and haven't been back for that reason. :smiley_armscrossed:

Bowhunter57

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Redhunter1012,
I'm glad you enjoyed it. It takes a little time to get used to estimating yardage. Backyard shooting helps, but the serious test is on the course.

* Were the targets set up in clear lanes?
* Were the distances reasonable?
* Were any of the targets set at extreme angles?

I ask these questions, because in the past there have been some unreasonable people running this course and the way it was set up reflected their behavior and haven't been back for that reason. :smiley_armscrossed:

Bowhunter57

It was set up real good. Nothing that was too crazy. I think the farther shots were fairly open usually. They did real well changing up the eye level by using the creeks and ravines, which I love. Jim from J&S archery sets up the shoots there now. Not sure if he did it before. My nephew is now gonna be taking over the shoots at UCOA in findlay starting in a week or two so keep an eye on that

Redhunter1012 said:
My nephew is now gonna be taking over the shoots at UCOA in findlay starting in a week or two so keep an eye on that.
Redhunter1012,
UCOA is one of the shoot schedules that I DON'T have. If you could aquire one and post it, that would be great.

It may be as far back as '04, since I've shot that club. I always enjoyed their Polar Bear shoot, in January. People would come out of the woodwork to shoot, because cabin fever had bitten them pretty good by that time of the year. Seems to me that they changed the name of the shoot to a Chili Shoot, due to running out of polar bear targets. No matter, as it was a good time.

Bowhunter57