Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

In training

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I always talk about my 10 year old, Kody, out hunting with me.
This is my 8 year old, Klay, practicing in my back yard.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
You must be one proud Papa! I'm hoping that when the wife and I decide to have kids, I can pass this on to my children as well.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yes sir, I am.
The thing with my boys is that I've taken them to the woods any chance I get. They've always gone to hang stands, scout, fish, etc...
That's the key. Take them early and I think the outdoors grows in them.

You better get started withem kids. You don't need a lesson how to make them do ya?:smiley_cupid:

RRJJ

Removed by Request.
Impressive form for such a young kid! I help coach archery to youth and I wish they had form like his. I'm constantly telling them to drop their elbow..."be a T, man, be a friggin T"

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Yes sir, I am.
The thing with my boys is that I've taken them to the woods any chance I get. They've always gone to hang stands, scout, fish, etc...

You better get started withem kids. You don't need a lesson how to make them do ya?:smiley_cupid:

Nah, I think I'm good in that department. I think she is ready for kids, but me not so much. I'm still selfish...

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Mine have been in the woods/water since they could walk. I started taking them on gun hunts when they were 7. The girls would rather go to the mall but Hunter is all in!! Good job getting your kids out there!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have done the same. They love going shed hunting with me as it is not so confined for them. The only way to describe my 6 year old son is it is like trying to hold onto a bag of squirrels. They have a kids bow, but I don't push it on them and they probably only shoot it a couple times a year. Even then they lose interest quickly. It will either be there or it won't. I think they will have the outdoor bug.

deerburger

*Supporting Member*
My son turns one this week. I am trying to put the time in now watching hunting shows with him in the hopes that he'll never want to watch The Wiggles as he gets older.

BTW Cottis, that boy looks like a pro.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Impressive form for such a young kid! I help coach archery to youth and I wish they had form like his. I'm constantly telling them to drop their elbow..."be a T, man, be a friggin T"

I was going to say. That kid has great form! He's going to be a shooter I tell ya. BTW. Is that bow an old Bear Black bear? I have one of them in the garage right now... Very popular riser to put recurve limbs on...

Kaiser878

ohio
Yes sir, I am.

Depends on who is doing the teaching? You or your wife?? hahahahaahah Sorry I had to, you walked into that one! haha