Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Veni Bites

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
This is my favorite venison recipe.

You can use steaks, chops or even roast this way, but I prefer to use chops. I trim off any fat and cut the venison into 2 inch squares. That way the venison bites cook evenly. Then I season them, I like to use Salt, Pepper, Garlic, and Cavender’s salt free Greek Seasoning. I put them in a sealed container and let sit for a couple of hours. Next I will add 2 tablespoons of Dale’s Steak Seasoning, and a can of Coke.

Put the container back in the fridge and leave it for 24 hours. Everything works together to make the best venison ever. The Coke though is the main reason for these perfect little bites. The acid in the Coke helps break down the meat, making them unbelievably tender. The sugars in the Coke help the meat caramelized.

Cook them for 3 minutes on each side for the perfect medium rare. Make sure you make extra if anyone will be by you when you are pulling them off the grill, they will sample them right there. If you don’t have extra you might not have enough left for dinner.

VB1.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice suggestion! Even I could cook this one up and I am FAR from being the cook at our house. haha

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Can't wait to try this recipe! My FIL soaks about everything in Coke before putting it on the grill.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I have a pretty similar beef/venison marinade:

One packet Old El Paso taco seasoning
On packet dry Italian dressing mix
Coca Cola

Mix the seasoning packets well (I use a zip lock that I use later in the recipe). Rub steaks with a generous portion of the seasoning packet mixture. Place steaks in ziploc/sealer bags and fill with coke. I prefer a 12 hour soak on these.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I am marinading venison RIGHT NOW! Used salt, pepper mix, Old Bay, a little onion powder, and a little garlic. In a little while I'm adding the Coke and then the countdown to tomorrow night begins.
Didn't have all your ingredients MR, so I improvised. (next time I'm at the store I'll get 'em though)
Thanks for the recipe.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I am marinading venison RIGHT NOW! Used salt, pepper mix, Old Bay, a little onion powder, and a little garlic. In a little while I'm adding the Coke and then the countdown to tomorrow night begins.
Didn't have all your ingredients MR, so I improvised. (next time I'm at the store I'll get 'em though)
Thanks for the recipe.

How did it turn out? I like the idea of the Old Bay seasoning.