Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Penny stocks, who does it?

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
Can't remember if we have ever really discussed penny stocks much on here. I used to play around with them 8 or so years ago but then quit. I have gotten the itch again and have been out of it enough to forget some of the good websites to check on potentials and solid info on what's going on in the penny stock world. I know one guy who actually makes his living from penny stocks but I am just looking to have some fun and mess around. I know some money can be made from them as I did before. So, does anyone on here play around with them and have any good websites you use to keep track of what's going on. As far as online trading I use to use Optionsxpress. At the time was pretty deecent and I believe the cost was $14 per trade.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Cost per trade is lower now I think on optionsxpress. I have not messed with penny stocks any. Then again, in penny stocks they just about consider to be under $10/share anymore.

I am looking at world dominating companies now. There are companies which are not hurt as bad as a dip in the market. Here is a funny clip from an investing letter I receive. Gives you a different perspective about these companies. They generally offer dividends, steady but slow growth, and weather economic down turns much better than the smaller stocks.

It seems Greece is once again the most important country in the world… Its economic problems are once again making headlines…

The benchmark stock index Dow Industrials Average opened lower this morning… and Bloomberg and the rest of the mainstream financial media attributed it to Greece's economic woes, which are once again making headlines.

I always find this puzzling… Greece's gross domestic product (GDP) is about $300 billion. Wal-Mart's revenues are about 45% GREATER than Greece's entire economic output. And Wal-Mart is only one of the Dow's 30 components.

So how is it that Greece's struggle to get its financial affairs in order diminishes the value of those 30 Dow companies, including Coca-Cola, American Express, Intel, IBM, Microsoft, and ExxonMobil (also larger than Greece)? I'm confused… What to do?

To answer your question, I subscribe to several subscriptions from Stansberry and Associates. I am sure they have something which will fit your needs. They offer a very common sense approach to investing. Not everything is penny stocks, but I feel their approach to investing is very contrary to what you will find in most financial publications. They aren't afraid to step on toes. They aren't afraid to tell their readers what most financial publications will not.

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
No problem Dale. One word of caution: Expect to be flooded with emails from them if you subscribe. It is frustrating, but I guess this is why their publications are $39-59-69-99 and such per year instead of thousands. lol

I just delete, ignore, and such the info out of the newsletters I am subscribed to. PM your email and I can forward several of them to you to check out.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Penny stocks no, but I do play around with GM, Ford, Bank stocks, and bio medical.

Find one biomedical boom in your life and you may never need another. I am thinking right now is not a bad time to buy some biomedical either. Seems to have carved out a bottom recently. That is one field you can make 1000s% if you hit it right. Been thinking about it, but not much of a gambler.