Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hank vs kittens

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Oops. Neighbor across the street banged on the door at 1145pm here a bit ago. You see, I had gone out to feed Hank and the great Whodini did it again. He headed north and I figured he might as well get the piss and vinegar out of him. I couldn't see him and he wasn't responding at all. Headed into the house to grab a bite to eat and planned on heading out to find him with some lights in 10-15min. Seeing how the neighbor to the south was the one banging on my door, I suppose ol' Hank must have done a loop on me.

Poor Carolyn is a sweetheart and I hated to see her out of bed at this hour. I opened the door and she said "Are you missing Hank?" Why yes I am. "He is over here and he is eatin' my kittens!" Ummm. . . sorry. I'll get him. Thanks for letting me know.

Just how do you answer that? Honest to goodness she has 20+ cats at any given time. She has 2 dogs as well. Never had the first one to the vet, spayed/neutered, licensed, or anything else. I can't blame her I guess as the dogs never leave the property and the cats roam all over the place, just saying it is what it is.

Why did I post it in the Other critters section? Where in the world else would I have put this? Not sure how many of them Hank "ate" if any, but he did have one claw mark across his nose. At least I didn't find any in his mouth. . . this time. lmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Haha, that would be an awkward conversation, was she mad at all or just letting you know?

A little of both. Not sure if she was mad he was getting into them or that she was out of bed. She is a sweetheart of a neighbor and generally laughs it off. She realizes there are a lot of dang cats over there. Then again, chasing the feral cats, and eating kittens is a bit different. lol

badger

*Supporting Member*
A LONG time ago I was hanging out with some buddies smoking umm, you know. His mom was at the store buying another bird. She comes home with this little bird in the cardboard carrying box to a a living room full of guys with red eyes. They had a miniature dachshund named Chester who was also in the room. She put the box on the floor and opened it to let the bird out. (Mistake number one) The bird made it all of five feet before Chester pounced on it. Our buddy George started the laughter first and yelled Chester is eating the fucker! We all started laughing to the point of tears. (Mistake number two)

I don't think any of us made it out of that room without getting smacked in the back of the head! :smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A LONG time ago I was hanging out with some buddies smoking umm, you know. His mom was at the store buying another bird. She comes home with this little bird in the cardboard carrying box to a a living room full of guys with red eyes. They had a miniature dachshund named Chester who was also in the room. She put the box on the floor and opened it to let the bird out. (Mistake number one) The bird made it all of five feet before Chester pounced on it. Our buddy George started the laughter first and yelled Chester is eating the fucker! We all started laughing to the point of tears. (Mistake number two)

I don't think any of us made it out of that room without getting smacked in the back of the head! :smiley_crocodile:

hahah that's awesome.
Was over at a buddies house once and his wife got the bird out of it's cage to show me.. Halfway over it took off, hit the ceiling fan, shot lifeless across the room hitting the wall and bouncing off grave yard dead... I couldn't stop laughing as it happened in the blink of an eye.. Flutter, wack, thud, thud,

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Oh my gosh.....I can't even picture seeing this and trying to be sympathetic at all.......... I could see me saying "YEP, Pretty neat trick there"

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Holy crap, that's funny stuff! Bird hitting the fan is classic! We had a neighbors dog get into a rabbits nest. He swallowed three bunnies before we could get to him. They were squealing all the way down his throat.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well Phil he is a retriever.... just teach him too have a softer mouth hahaha

Talked to the neighbor tonight. Hank most certainly has a soft mouth. All the kittens survived. No neck snapping, no shredding. I didn't realize it, but my son was over there tonight while I was out and he helped her round all of them up and account for them. That was a bit of a relief. Now Big Ben (her husband) just laughed. He asked if I brought Hank with me. Said there was still a few too many cats around there and he didn't get all of them. lmao

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like he was just playing.

Yep. He is a pretty big sissy really. Last year we were shed hunting and he ran a coyote past my buddy. I guarantee you Hank thought it was play time. He is a big softie and likes to chase the cats when he gets loose. I don't know if he would defend himself or not if he was ever attacked.

A little awkward, but funny just the same. :smiley_blink:

I can't take Carrie anywhere without her trying to kill something. I brought home a couple of fuzzy chickens that stood about 6" tall and thought I'd start some free range chickens. NOT! Carrie sniffed them, watched them run around and then one of them came up to her and pecked her in the nose. :smiley_blackeye: Well, that was the end of that crap. She promptly grabbed it by the head and gave it a quick snap. She dropped that one and must have thought, "Hmmm...that was easy. Wonder if the other one will die as quick." ...ran it down and did the same thing, before I could say "oh snap". Apparently, she's not as soft mouthed as Hank. Seems as though I've got some training to do with this 10 lb. killer. :smiley_chinrub:

Here's Carrie (the chicken killer), with a treed squirrel and her kill for the day.

Bowhunter57

Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
Hank must been at my house last night. I was greeted this morning with a dead chewed up rabbit laying in my driveway next to my vehicle.