Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2012 Trail Cam Thread...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nothing much, but it will kick things off. The next cam check comes in an hour or so...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I need to do a little work tomorrow, but I'm 75% positive this is Captain Jack. The little indent in the top of his left ear is what has me thinking that...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That buck looks like he's going to be a stud. Also looks like a slight tear in his left ear... Did moe or capt jack have torn ears last year???

*edit... you beat me to it.*

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Regardless who he is, he's gonna be a good one it looks like.

I just checked out your comparison thread and he looks like it might be CJ IMO but it still might be TOO early to tell.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I like this thread already!
Please, Jesse, if this summer gives you as much information about a good buck as last year's did...go kill him early!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Checked cams again tonight since it rained and was going to rain some more. Nothing great to report other than the update to the SpyPoints seemed to do the trick! I'll get some pics up in the next day or so...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
As stated, nothing real interesting on the last cam check. There is a doe at my parents place who seems to be a camera whore, and the mystery of the missing Trophy Rock!!! I went to check this cam last week and checked on the Trophy Rock I was sure I put there in March and the sum beech was gone! I looked around for it and didn't see it, and didn't have any pics of the culprit. It is possible that the creek came up enough to get it, but I highly doubt it. I nick named this doe "Nikki Sixx" in honor of her crazy ears! HAHA!!!

The doe behind her is at the mineral lick with no minerals now!!!

A good look at her ears...

Another solid doe in the area...

"Um...excuse me."

This feller looks to be "wife worthy" if he hangs around...