Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Moster Raxx for all my does!!!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
This creek bottom is a huge doe bedding area. It never really holds bucks and hasnt for the 13 years ive hunted it but when late Oct comes around it turns on and I get all kinds of travelers checking on my does. Well this year I planted a food plot and kept my Monster Raxx mineral site alive and they are already hammering it.
This year I took my big helper with me to show me where the "deer feet" are so I knew where to put my minerals lol My boy just turned two and all he says when were out there is "deer foot" and "big buck"!!

Looks like a good spot here dad!

Mixing the minerals in....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Cool deal getting the kids out there. What's in that stuff? Can you list the mineral percentages that are In there?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck. We have been doing this the last several years as well. Not sure it is going to create "Monster Raxx", but helps the overall nutrition of the herd in my opinion. More importantly, it is a good attractant for pictures. I doubt it turns your 120" deer into 140" in a year, but might add an inch or so here and there.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hope this helps you this year Rutin. We put out minerals in granular form as well, but we mix our own. We don't buy them in the pre-mixed form from any companies like Monsterraxx. Not condemning them, just saying there is more than one way to achieve the benefits. Like I said, I think it does help the overall herd nutrition, but I am far from a wildlife biologist.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
No worries Hicks.... you doing the 50 salt/ 100 trace/ 50 di cal? I used to make my own several years ago but I wasnt get the results in my area like i wanted with it. Its actually the only reason i really started looking into other companies. I used trophy rocks for a long time bc we were sponsored by them and it was easy to tell how much was still on the ground, plus the deer tore them up. My biggest reason for switching was bc i wanted something with a more nutrients to benefit the herd like you were saying. Sure it doesnt make every deer a "monster" but time and good nutrients wont hurt as long as I can keep all the yay whos around me from killing everything. Good luck this year bud

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We are using Jesse's famous Mineral Mix. Definitely works for pictures and I don't think it hurts any. I just don't see much difference in them. Your company made product has it's place. Not every hunter is as hardcore as the guys on this site. For this reason, not everyone is going to put in the time to mix their own, nor do they need the quantities.

Great pictures and love seeing the boy out with his dad getting ready for deer season!! Heard a lot of good things about Monster Raxx over the last couple of years. I too make my own using the formula described above but every so often I wonder if trying something different may work better.