Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2011 state land buck

deathfromabove07

Michigan
Got him back from the taxidermist last month and been awamped with work. I call him the happy hour buck! Lol story to come later. He's my first mount. This is a michigan public buck, i hunted him for 2 years. I love finding public land honeyholes!!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336341820682.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336341820682.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 209
  • uploadfromtaptalk1336341848251.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336341848251.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 224

deathfromabove07

Michigan
I got out of work at 3 and was on my way in to the swamp by 4. It's a 1.8 mile walk into this stand through rough terrain, climber and all. I decided to knock an arrow as i was going down a steep hill and slowly make my way through the cattail swamp that opens up to a perfect bottle neck. When i got out of the cattails overlooking the bottleneck i saw a doe with him hot on her and a nice 6.

I quickly go set up the trail they'll come back on. Not even 5 minutes after i get set i hear grunting. He's bringin that doe back down the trail slowly, other bucks gone. She crossed my trail i walked in. I'm busted. She keeps looking for me but with the predator camo in my tree she can't. He finally pushes her a few more steps and i draw. He cleared a branch and i let one go! All i saw was good blood on the shot! Ended up a double lung and artery! Almost straight down. He ran about 80 yards and went down!! I was pumped!!

I texted a couple buddies i'm going to need help. I'm sittin waiting to calm down. I look over and the nice six is coming in, gave him a pass at 30. Took 6 hours to get him out and and emergency room visit! But having a great piece of s.l to yourself during bowseason is priceless! This was 11-11-11, my best buck to date.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Thats a great Mich. buck... especially state land. All of my friends tell me how horrible the management up there is, how hard it is to even see a mature deer. Congrats on an awesome public buck... keep em coming!

deathfromabove07

Michigan
The er visit was for a scratched retina. It was horrible, and it happened on the way back in to get him. I was walking through brush and a small twig or seed flew into my eye. Had to field dress and drag him using one eye. One of my favorite hunts!