Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for Northern Ohio bow hunters

TackDriverTim

I am looking for a couple hunters that want to get together and lease some land. I am new to Ohio so I don't know anyone here that hunts. I have been looking at a few leases on basecampleasing that look interesting. It would be more economical to find a few respectful hunters to join me. If you are interested please email me at tcampbell30@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Huckleberry Finn

Welcome to TOO.

I'd be cautious of that site. For the fun of it, I looked at their leases and picked the property that's in the county that I'm familiar with, Morrow. One available lease, 320 acres for $9600. Looked at the maps, compared it to google maps, the auditor's websites, and the engineer's tax maps. The lease is comprised of about three owners, which wouldn't be bad. The big chunk of woods that they'd sell you on has had some historically good hunting in it, however, it's a piece of land guarded by hillbillies with big dogs that everyone and their brother hunts on.

Just a thought and wanted to warn you that whatever lease and throughout whatever broker you go there, there will be headaches. Good luck though!

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Welcome to Ohio and to TOO Tim. You might think about just getting permission to hunt some private owned land instead of leasing. It may take a little while to get to know some people to that level bit it would be a lot cheaper for sure. It may be something where you could ask some local farmers to trade hunting permission for some manual labor. I know of one guy that goes and bales hay for a weekend for hunting permission.

Either way best of luck to you.

TackDriverTim

That would probably work the best when asking for permission but I only get one day off a week usually. That is the reason I thought it would make life easier to lease and not have to worry about hunting public land where my one day to hunt can be messed up. If all else fails hopefully I can find a spot on public land during bow season to hunt. I don't go on public land during gun season. If Ohio is anything like Michigan when gun season comes around EVERYONE is a hunter but there are not too many die hard bow hunters on public land.