Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Shop Vac reviews

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I bought a middle of the road shop vac over 15 years ago. 4-5yrs ago I bought a used one at a yard sale for $10. It is okay but blows more dirt and dust in the air than it picks up. I can no longer find the replacement air filters for it. Even so, if I spend $10-20 on a replacement filter, maybe I am better off putting that towards a new one.

Suggestions? Who has a kick butt shop vac they would recommend. I don't want to drop stupid money on one, but at the same time I would rather spend another $20 than regret buying the cheaper one. Can you find a decent one for $50-75?

Main uses will be cleaning out our vehicles, and the occasional project at our house or the rental properties.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
The man to ask just took a two week vacation so my best advice is to go to sears and get a new one...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Rigid Wet dry vac.

I did a search for Consumer Report reviews. They came up with Rigid as well. Thanks guys. Too bad our Home Depot is empty and I am 40 minutes away from the next closest one now. Maybe the family can take a Sunday drive today. Come home with one, and it is a good thing. Come home empty handed with "time well wasted", that would be a win also.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did some more research. Checked out the deals on ebay and Amazon. Went to the Home Depot website next. Found the Rigid WD1280 at Home Depot for $79 with free shipping. Best deal I found on Amazon was $105 with shipping and the next closest ones were over $120 plus $20-25 shipping. I figured Home Depot was running a special or just had it mispriced. Click click click, SOLD! I will keep you posted as to the performance. It became an easy choice after reading reviews from you guys and online. The other interesting fact I learned is they offer a lifetime warranty on them. I probably could have saved $20 and gone with Craftsman or Shopvac brand, but they did not get near the rave reviews and do not offer lifetime warranty.

badger

*Supporting Member*
Did some more research. Checked out the deals on ebay and Amazon. Went to the Home Depot website next. Found the Rigid WD1280 at Home Depot for $79 with free shipping. Best deal I found on Amazon was $105 with shipping and the next closest ones were over $120 plus $20-25 shipping. I figured Home Depot was running a special or just had it mispriced. Click click click, SOLD! I will keep you posted as to the performance. It became an easy choice after reading reviews from you guys and online. The other interesting fact I learned is they offer a lifetime warranty on them. I probably could have saved $20 and gone with Craftsman or Shopvac brand, but they did not get near the rave reviews and do not offer lifetime warranty.

My Rigid is about ten years old and still works great.