Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What a Day!!!

hunna771

We had a lil bit of fog today and my school closed. Woop! A fishing friend of mine, Elliot, asked me if i wanted to go fishing for pike with him. I was stoked and said yeah, expecting to go to a local reservoir, thats the only place i knew of within 20 minutes of driving that held any. He told me about a creek that held them. Very close to home. I thought he was pulling my leg... that far up stream a small creek... pike?!? We arrive and i put on a hot pink rapala and bam, second cast i get a strike. monster pike... 10# braided line snapped. FML. I tied on a mepps and within 10 casts i caught a 3-4# pike. I was super stoked. We left since it was a small area and the fish were all mostly spooked. Elliot told me about a tributary that led to the maumee river on one of his hunting properties. we went there and there was nothing but carp. every where. infestation of them. they weren't real spooky either. i had only brought bass and pike lures... i tied on a rooster tail.... after 45 minutes of wading in old shoes and shorts i caught one!! 4 pounder at least!! it was a great day off of school. Elliot already told me we're going back to his property with our bows to take a few out, i can't wait until summer... watch out carp...:smiley_bril::smiley_coolpeace::smiley_clap:
0502121541a.jpg0502121811.jpg

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
My kids were off school yesterday too...aren't old enought to take adventures like this on their own....great job hunna! looks like a great way to spend the day off of school and looks like you had a lot of fun doing it...congrats on the fish!