Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cleveland Brecksville Bridge

Huckleberry Finn

Crazy!

Fox:
Five people described as anarchists were arrested Monday in a Cleveland-area park for trying to blow up a bridge, sources tell Fox News.
The public was never in danger from the explosive devices, which were inoperable and controlled by an undercover FBI employee, according to sources close to the investigation.
Charges were filed against the defendants Tuesday morning in Cleveland. Court documents say three of the suspects are self-proclaimed anarchists who formed a small group and considered a series of plots over several months.
The FBI and the federal Joint Terrorism Task Force are involved in the investigation.
It is unknown if the bridge incident was connected to Occupy Wall Street's plans for nationwide protests Tuesday.
An FBI press conference is planned for 10 a.m.

NewsNet5:
CLEVELAND - The Cleveland office of the FBI will hold a Tuesday morning news conference to detail arrests and charges filed relating to a national security issue.
Steven Dettelbach, United States Attorney for the Northern District of Ohio, and Stephen Anthony, Special Agent in Charge of the Cleveland FBI office, will provide details about the local connection to this national security case.
Sources told NewsChannel5 federal agents arrested five people who were allegedly conspiring to use explosives to destroy a bridge near Cleveland.
Fox News also reported the following information via Twitter:
"Five people, described as anarchists, were arrested yesterday in a Cleveland-area park for trying to blow up a bridge, source tells Fox News."
The FBI's Cleveland office is displaying a photo of the apparent bridge in question. It's the Route 82 bridge in Brecksville -- just east of Riverview Road.

I drove to work on that road daily this summer. Crazy fuggin anarchists!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I've been on that bridge many a time. My mother-in-law lived in Northfield for years.