Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sandridge Turkey Camp

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Jbrown made it down around 3:30 and we started things off right with 18 at our favorite local course. Tried to roost a bird with no luck, so now it's back to the "lodge" for a meal of deer loin and noodles!

Here's JB lining up for his 2nd shot on the Par 5 10th...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335573116.653185.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sounds like a good weekend! Enjoy yourselves. Wonder if you are going to make it hunting at all?:smiley_cheers:

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Hey now wait a minute. How come there is never any golf at deer camp? :(:(:(

Looks like a great time. Best of luck to you guys in the morning!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Been a crazy morning thus far. Had 3-4 birds hammering at first light and two broke off our way. JB had them working good on the ridge across from and we heard a good 100+ gobbles this morning. Unfortunately we had a pack of yotes light up right next to us, forcing the birds to gobble like they were on fire! They moved off in the woods, gobble a few times, then took off. Been stone silent since.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dangit! That sucks! I keep a coyote mouth call in my pocket for such occasions. Light those mangy mutts up! Enjoy and good luck!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Cool. Stick with it. They'll fire up again at some point. You sitting and waiting or ya on the move?

We made a move to no avail, so we went to a new farm. Had two birds hammering right from the start but somehow got picked off from 300 yards with a tree line between us. There were 30-40 crows in the field closer to us and I wonder if them all flying off at once didn't have something to do with it. We headed to another farm at 11 and didn't hear a thing.

Just downed the first beers of the day along with sloppy joes, potato salad, chips and dip. Going to shoot some bows and fish a little before we do some trap shooting. Headed to Flutemans Bar and Grill later for refreshments and pool. Big feed to tonight with deer burgers, baked beans, fried perch, fries and other goodies!!!

Last edited:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Damn, you feed a guy and get dinner ready for tonight and this is the thanks I get! Jamie was down quick after lunch, but I remember JB whistling to a song while I was making hamburger patties. Next thing I know, there's a slumber party in the living room!!! lmao

Hope JB don't end up like Hoyt!!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335635638.949423.jpg