Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Monsanto

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I remember you guys ripping on Monsanto before. Today we received 10 mini bulk loads of their new "Vistive Gold" seed beans. The truck driver acted like a fugging armored car driver. We had to call our seed salesman back to cut the seals on the trailer just to open the doors. Then he and only he was allowed to remove them with the forklift (talk about funny to watch). Not to mention the each mini bulks were wrapped in a thick ass carboard crates. They've been inspecting our bins to make sure they are completely free of grain because we are the only elevator in ohio to offer these for seed and and to recieve them during harvest. No other grain is allowed to be dumped in the same pit as these beans this year. I've basically hidden lately just trying to avoid these guys while everyone else kisses their asses

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yep. They have bullied, sued, and strong armed their way to almost absolute control of the entire ag seed industry.

Fuck Monsanto.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Oil made from vistive gold is supposed to be healthier, lower transfats I think. I think they will only be grown by growers contacted to produce them.

Jackalope said:
Fuck Monsanto.
I used to work for Monsanto, when they had a plastics and resins division and they were a very "upity/snooty" bunch. :smiley_arrogant:

One day they announced that they'd sold the plastics and resins division, gave us a severence package and kicked us to the curb. :smiley_armscrossed:

Bowhunter57

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
There are plenty of places to hide around grain bins! Made a living doing it one summer!

Haha. So True. Today we found out that we have to take some "special Classes" taught by Monsanto to be qualified to dump their grain. Fuggin idiots. You shoulda seen my co-worker Jack, who has been there dumping grain for 39 years. He started quizzing the Monsanto Rep on what was so special about his grain. I had to walk away I was laughing so hard. Should be fun