Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Pheasant Skinning Technique

I wanted to post this where it would get the most exposure, for responses.

A buddy of mine, was given 5 pheasants, that were shot at a game preserve. He wanted to know if I wanted some of them. I said that I'd pass, cause I didn't want to get into skinning and I'm definately not plucking feathers.

He said that we'd have all 5 birds skinned in less than 2 minutes. I said, "I'll have to see this one."

He laid the pheasant on the ground, on its' back with the head facing away...stepped on the wings, right up against the body and then grabbed both feet and pulled straight up. This pulls the head and body straight through the chest cavity, leaving the center breast and wings.

All you have to do at this point, is cut the wings off of the breast/body, rinse it off and it's ready to cook. It's amazingly simple, quick and easy.

* Has anyone else tried this?
* If you have, does this work on any other birds?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'll be danged, its on there! And that is slick as heck. I only wish now we still had some phesants! I bet it would take a pretty good tug to pull a turkey apart like that, but I'm gonna try it!:)

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ha! Now that is a plan! No doubt in my mind he would be a willing participant. Only issue would be that I would wind up in the same predicament as the turkey!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Watched the vid's and that is definately a slick ordeal! Makes ya wonder how people came about doing it this way.
"Guess there's more way's than one to skin a Cat.":smiley_chinrub: