Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Athens Co kill(s)

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Good grief...I'll put up today's.
Day one, two dead.

Attachments

• IMG_5179.jpg
    IMG_5179.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 237

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm not going to keep this up all season... I just thought Darron would enjoy seeing these.
Day two, two more dead. Of course, it isn't noon yet so there may be more to add. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_8903.jpg
    IMG_8903.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 226

Darron

Dayton, Ohio
Not Athens county.....but thought I would share

10.5" beard

1.25" spurs

Attachments

• IMG_1213.JPG
    IMG_1213.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Dang Mrex, did you take Turkey as a second language in High School instead of French or Spanish. The Turkey Whisperer!! rotflmao
Great pics.

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I love seeing all these updates. Brock, so long as you find out about them, I hope you continue to post then up!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I haven't heard anymore from him since 10:30 or 11...who knows how many they got today. Four in two days is pretty good though, add in Corey's from Saturday, that's five at the least. I wish he would start posting them on here himself, but will continue if he keeps me updated. He did say he recieved a "forced promotion" that is going to require him to work and travel more so he would be out less this spring. Maybe they won't stack them quite so high this season...

Last edited:

mrex

*Supporting member*
We're off to a good start. The best Ohio season I've had was the spring of 2000 when we killed 22 in 20 days. Highly unlikely we'll ever duplicate that year because the success was mostly attributable to the phenomenal hatch of 1998...we had 2 year old's out the wazoo. All the birds we've killed so far this spring have been 3 and 4 year old's. Brock is correct, work is about to rain on my parade.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We're off to a good start. The best Ohio season I've had was the spring of 2000 when we killed 22 in 20 days. Highly unlikely we'll ever duplicate that year because the success was mostly attributable to the phenomenal hatch of 1998...we had 2 year old's out the wazoo. All the birds we've killed so far this spring have been 3 and 4 year old's. Brock is correct, work is about to rain on my parade.

I read that the DOW was predicting a higher percentage of 3 and 4 yr old harvests this season, due to the poor hatches the last couple years. Based on what you're clan has produced so far, that prediction may have been pretty accurate.

mrex

*Supporting member*
It wouldn't be turkey season without firing at least one "warning shot." Called the same bird back an hour later but he picked up a few jakes that acted as blockers...that's all for today.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thank Gawd for a turkey story! Sorry it didn't work out for whomever shot, but on the brighter side you still have that turkey to chase. Dead turkeys have a bad smell to 'em anyway...