Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opening Day Weather Forecast

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The opening day forecast looks pretty awful. Around here, they're calling for 30-40 mph winds out of the north and possibly 1-3 inches of snowfall. I think I'm going to cancel tomorrow's vacation hours and go to work. What's everyone else planning on doing?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I shot a Jake once when it was snowing sideways! My decoy's were solid white on one side.... Lucky, the Jakes came in on the "Colored" side of the decoys.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
1-3" tonight with possibly 3-5" Monday..... Not looking good for anyone heading out in the next day or so..... But hey they gotta eat and you know how males around females get rotflmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm headed to work now. I have been contemplating taking Thursday and Friday off anyways, so that may happen now. I turkey hunt simply for the enjoyment and I don't see tomorrow morning being enjoyable. Now if I had a duck hunt planned, I'd get my ass outta bed!!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm headed to work now. I have been contemplating taking Thursday and Friday off anyways, so that may happen now. I turkey hunt simply for the enjoyment and I don't see tomorrow morning being enjoyable. Now if I had a duck hunt planned, I'd get my ass outta bed!!!

Ha! I'm right there with ya, brother... If it were duck season, I think I'd call in sick for the next 3 days! lmao

So far, Thursday through Sunday is looking pretty good for turkey killin weather. The longbeards should be ready to gobble their asses off by the weekend, after being tight-lipped for a few days.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I'm sure we will have plenty of good days and there is no big hurry to kill one.... I wish we'd get 5 inches of snow though.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Ha! I'm right there with ya, brother... If it were duck season, I think I'd call in sick for the next 3 days! lmao

So far, Thursday through Sunday is looking pretty good for turkey killin weather. The longbeards should be ready to gobble their asses off by the weekend, after being tight-lipped for a few days.

I have a feeling you're being Modest with 3 days sick:smiley_clap:

mrex

*Supporting member*
You can't script it any worse than this. Cold temps are fine but the gale force winds will shut them right up. Roosting a bird this evening will be exceptionally important. Unfortunately, the wind is supposed to pick up around 8:00 pm which will make roosting exceptionally tough. Most birds will roost low in the hill country. Tomorrow is a text book "field sitters" hunt...and I hate to hunt them that way. For those of you with flexible schedules, I would go to work tomorrow.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I think I will get up and stick my head out the door. That is about as far as I have planned right now. Likely, I will be returning to bed. I have the same thing planned for most everyday over the next four weeks. :)

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well, I bought all of my licenses and permits off the ODNR website this afternoon. I purchased my hunting and fishing licenses and 2 spring turkey and 2 either or deer. Totalled out to $134.00. I've always purchased these separately as each season was coming up and was quite surprised how much green we pay to the state for our hunting hobbies. Just kinda wowed me I guess. I really don't fish as much as I would like but might have to start to get more use out of my dough. Lol

Prolly won't go on he opener but I did get my permission and tags so I'm set to go.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I dunno what i am gonna do. Probably say screw it. I can hunt a few hundred acres that is directly adjacent to my work. I might just wander in there and see if I can get on a bird at first light. If not I will just bust butt and get to work by 7. I am lucky that my new job will let me take a HR or two of personal time each day. Got a safety meeting Tuesday but can hunt weds, Thursday,and Friday till bout 830.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My boss is a prick. I think I am going to just no call/no show him in the morning. I have never turkey hunted. It isn't like I can screw it up. What is the worst that can happen? Don't see any birds and try it again later in the week? Oh well. Guess I could change the trail cameras I set out last Monday to see if they are producing any birds too. Maybe kill a coyote? I will have fun either way.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
Not calling for rain here tomorrow just cold and wind. So I guess the wife and I will brave it. The sooner I get her on one the better I will be able to get with it.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Windy up here, but skies were clear this morning. Let the dog out at 6:24 and there was a gobbler hammering away behind the house. I do not have permission to hunt there (tried a few years ago but got a "no"), but made me think I may have made the wrong call going to work.