Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Youth Turkey hunt

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Can't wait for tomorrow morning...

Last year the oldest stepson (Cam) wanted to bag a bird for his birthday...unfortunately he didn't get the tom he wanted but he did see him within shooting range and that was enough for Cam to want to hit the turkey woods again, with a vengeance TOO! The tom didn't come onto the property we had permission to hunt on, actually he stayed in the grassy lane where the gas line runs between the property and a nature conservancy...Got pictures of 3 birds with 6" or more beards from the landowner...but I bet there's a bigger boy in there somewhere...Hopefully Cam will get to see tomorrow and hopefully I'll have some pictures to post.

Gonna be a long night for Cam though!

Schu72

Streetsboro
Weather isn't looking TOO special for tomorrow here in the Northeast. Morning temps in the 40's and winds around 15 MPH.

Good luck tomorrow.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
it will be high 30's here and windy as well...but we'll stick it out if for anything just to see some birds hopefully...Good luck to you and your boy also Scott.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good luck BThompson, Schu, Cotty, Hoytmania, and all the rest of you guys taking the youngsters out!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good luck all! I imagine with the weather it'll be a little rough in the AM, but I expect it to get good once the weather clears out. Be safe all!!!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Yes, Definately Good Luck to all Youth's today. Looking forwards to see who done what. Wish I was taking a youth instead of working. Maybe tomorrow!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It's absolutely pouring here. Sitting in the tent and can't hear shit. Bummer...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335008293.919025.jpg

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Cameron and I only had 2 hens in range all morning, no beards...one snuck up on us as I was listening to a bunch of questions!! Curious little guy he is! Might hit it again this evening after it warms up a bit.

hopefully we some long beards, he is still pumped!