Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Miami county, Troy area

LonewolfNopack

The woods
Do you know anything about the deer/turkey population in the county? I imagine it isn't that great seeing as its almost all flat agricultural land, but I was thinking the river valleys may provide good hunting. I'll be moving there really soon.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Really not sure about your area. I hunt a couple counties north and never ventured your way much. I have a couple buddies in Laura, Ohio and know some nice ones have been taken there. Would love to try their places but never have. I would agree with the rolling river bottoms and ag fields. They look like prime areas.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Straight west of Troy, the town of Covington. Find the Stillwater River. It used to have good hunting along it's banks, and great smallmouth fishing. I haven't been up that way for 15 years, and the area was like Fayette in that it is subject to over-harvest (and recentlly just moved to zone B). The areas between Covington and Versailles always looked good, but I haven't tromped 'em all.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Correct Brock. I believe this is the same river which runs along the back of my one buddy's place. Looks great, but you never know.