Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Why Hippies Shouldn't Hunt.

Huckleberry Finn

There are enough things in this story to make you say "dumbasses"

A Brooklyn-based filmmaker whose film premieres at the Tribeca Film Festival this week could be facing serious trouble from state authorities over a scene in his post-apocalyptic flick that features the illegal killing of a deer, according to a report from DNAinfo.com.
Director Ben Dickinson recorded the scene as part of a 23-day-shoot for his film, “First Winter,” which follows a group of Brooklyn hipsters who are forced to survive in the wild after an apocalyptic event. The scene was recorded on a private farm in upstate New York last year, according to DNAinfo.com.
The crew reportedly not only killed the deer without a license, but out of deer hunting season as well.
“We are idiots. We didn’t know how to do this stuff,” DNAinfo quoted Dickinson as saying. “There were so many deer weak from the winter and getting eaten by the local dogs we didn’t even think about it.
RELATED: Stars turn out for Tribeca Film Festival kickoff
The crew was reportedly practicing yoga together on set when someone spotted a herd of deer in a neighboring field, DNAinfo reported. One of the stars of the film, Paul Manza, 34, grabbed a rifle and pulled the trigger.
According to DNAinfo, the bullet hit two deer, killing one and wounding the other. The crew eventually shot the second deer to put it out of its misery. The group then skinned one of the deer, cut it up and cooked it in front of the camera.
“"It was amazing to eat that meat and really feel the spirit of the animal," Manza said. "It gave me a different relationship to eating animals and animal products."

A spokeswoman for the state’s environmental agency said they are investigating the incident and that penalties for hunting without a permit range from a $2,000 fine to imprisonment.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
"It was amazing to eat that meat and really feel the spirit of the animal," Manza said. "It gave me a different relationship to eating animals and animal products."

Good fuggin grief....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This world is full of idiots. I just had two of them leave our shop. I immediately went into a bad mood when I saw them walking in. Liberal witch and her mindless "man-friend". I really need to find an occupation that takes me completely away from society!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Why was there a loaded rifle on this movie set. I can understand the rifle as a prop, but it was LOADED?!

and those must be some bad ass local dogs!